Holster P95

Discussion in 'Ruger Center Fire Pistols' started by Spotcat, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Spotcat

Spotcat New Member

New to RUGER. Needing suggestions for conceal holster for my P95. Big guy looking for comfortable, durable holster.

2. Heater

Heater New Member

Go to Midway USA and use their holster search by maker, then model. You'll see a wide variety to get you thinking, and can read buyer reviews and ratings on many of them.

My guess is you'll have to try a few before you settle on one that works best for you and your particular build and typical clothing.

I have a couple different paddle holsters for mine, a Bianchi Special Agent with a thumb break and a Fobus plastic. Both fit the gun nicely -- clearly the Bianchi leather unit is nicer looking, but the plastic Fobus has its pros -- adjustable tension without a thumb break, impervious to sweat, etc.

I haven't tried an IWB yet, though one of my former students just showed me his Galco IWB and said it was the most comfortable IWB he'd ever tried, and he used to work in a LGS.

3. jrc

jrc New Member

Last edited: Mar 7, 2013
  4. jrc

jrc New Member

Take what the 'holster finder' searches tell you with a grain of salt. Saw one today that said a specific ankle holster would fit a P95. I don't think so: http://holsterland.com/ruger-p95/ru...-ranger-triad-ankle-holster-right-hand-p-5053

Also I see a lot of references for a Bianchi 7506. got it for a P85 and it worked ok. Wouldn't fit the P95 w/rail at all. Bought another Bianchi - can't remember the model, I'll look when I get home - that fit but kinda 'hung' on the belt. Used some heavy velcro to shore up the fit and it's almost usable but I wouldn't buy another one.

5. chenzo

chenzo New Member

http://oldfaithfulholsters.com/shop/gun-holster-stage-3-forward-cant/

I just bought this for my P95. Comfortable, concealable, good quality leather and kydex. I'm a bigger guy too, 6' 260lbs, and it conceals real easy for me in normal clothes in the 3-4 o'clock position.

I also have a Fobus paddle holster for OWB and it's alright. Definitely not concealable, but holds it firm.

6. Spotcat

Spotcat New Member

Thanks for the input, still lookin!

7. Heater

Heater New Member

8. chenzo

chenzo New Member

It's the first IWB holster I've tried, and I really like it. It's comfortable and it conceals great. I bought the kit you have to assemble for $40. Can't be half price for essentially a Crossbreed Supertuck.

9. justin626

justin626 New Member

By way of comfort for a IWB, these guys apparently are the way to go

n82tactical.com/

I like the one I have from MacKenzie, but am thinking about trying one of these out

10. jrc

jrc New Member

Just ordered a Remora ART. I'll let you know how it goes. Have one for my KelTec PF9 and love it. We shall see ....

11. jrc

jrc New Member

Used the Remora for a few hours yesterday - moving around, sitting, lifting .... never moved from the 1 o'clock position. Very comfortable. Sitting at a desk now with it in position. Props to Remora - very good product.