Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this may have been covered somewhere else, but I need holster recommendations for my lcrx 3 inch. I am thinking belt slide. Also, would a holster that is for an lcrx work for the lcrx ? Thanks!

·
Registered
685 Posts
So this may have been covered somewhere else, but I need holster recommendations for my lcrx 3 inch. I am thinking belt slide. Also, would a holster that is for an lcrx work for the lcrx ? Thanks!
I use this one.
http://mtrcustomleather.com/shop/in...uct_info&cPath=1&products_id=208#.WPWIN5opBJ8

I hear the Mitch Rosen from shopruger.com is a good one too.

I'm assuming you mean will a LCRX fit in a LCR holster? Probably, if the LCR holster has an open bottom like this.
http://mtrcustomleather.com/shop/in...uct_info&cPath=1&products_id=180#.WPWJEpopBJ8

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
I have a Talon holster that was made for the LCR. It also is canted which IMO helps in concealing the gun. I would check the Talon holster site to see is the LCR holster will hold the LCRX. The holster I have is open end so your longer barrel could possibly fit this holster. If I remember right it was around $70. Mine is for LH OWB and I just clip on my belt. I have also put the gun and holster in my front jeans pocket.

·
Registered
907 Posts
The old adage goes "you get what you pay for". But, in the case of the slightly pricier Mitch Rosen rig compared to DeSantis, you get much more than you pay for.

The Mitch Rosen is worth much more than the $20 difference between it and the DeSantis holster. Better leather, workmanship, fit, and finish. I've owned products from both holster makers, and I won't buy another DeSantis. I will, however, purchase many more Mitch Rosens.

JMHO YMMV

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
I just bought an Desantis holster for $25 for a J frame. It is made for rh IWB but I was going to use it for lh owb. I don't like it. I might have a give away for it here on the forum.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts