His and Hers EDC ... What's yours / hers ??

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by rjtmac, Aug 31, 2015.

1. rjtmac

rjtmac Texan by Birth • Grace

I thought it would be interesting to share what your everyday carry is, which most of us have probably done at one time or another in a thread, but I was also wondering what is the better half's EDC combo.

On any given weekday I have on my person, 9MM Sig P938, One or Two Magazines, Leatherman Wave Multitool, Buck Pocket Knife, fingernail clippers and a Ontario Rat 1 Folder. Sunday this changes to a LCP 380, One Magazine, Buck Pocket Knife and a Kershaw Rake Folder. Along on both occasions would be in the car/bike or area where I am located a small Maxpedition bag with LED Flashlight, Matches, Butane Torch Lighter, Small Whetstone, Small Ceramic Steel, Paracord, CRKT Eating tool, Phone Accessories, Extra Bits and Drivers for Leatherman Multitool, rain pen•pad, Leatherman Raptor Scissors, a list of accounts, user names and passwords buried in nonsense text and 25 rounds of 9mm self defense ammo.

The wife's EDC includes, Coronado Leather Jessica Satchel Concealed Carry Purse, Ruger LCR 22lr Crimson Trace Laser Grips, 1 Speed loader with CCI Velocitor ammo, 25 Rounds of replacement ammo, "The Runt" Stun Gun, Leatherman Multitool, Ontario Utilitac II Folder, LED FlashLight, Paracord Bracelet, CRKT Eating Tool and coming soon a Kimber Pepper Spray Unit.

Call me Paranoid or trying to be prepared ... I acknowledge myself as both.

2. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Well you and the wife sound like you both have it covered quite well. We don't hear to much here what the ladies are carrying.

3. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

I am not allowed to carry anything that might be sharp or could cause damage. Ever since I tried to cut off my thumb my wife laid down the law. Not even scissors with the rounded tips. So I carry my RugerSR1911 LW with an extra mag, car keys, money clip with receipts cuz I have no money and that's about it. Oh, my wallet in case she needs my debit card. She carries a purse with a hide a gun slot as she carries a Smith & Wesson air weight .38 spl with hollow points. Along with that, she should also carry a gunny sack cuz she can't find a thing in her purse and that includes her wallet. (Reason now that I have to carry my wallet and debit card)

Tommy

4. 6-Oclock

6-Oclock New Member

I carry a LC9s Pro, an extra clip, pocket knife, wallet (debt card, drivers lic, & conceal carry permit), and cell phone. The extra clip is nessesary in church or the mall as both are "Soft Targets," 15 rounds of 115gr Critical Defence is better than 8 of it I reacon.

5. berettabone

berettabone In the army now..

I carry a Kahr MK9, or an HK P2000SK .40 cal., or a Springer Range Officer Compact, whichever is my flavor of the day, and a pocket knife.............................the wife carries a Ruger Wiley Clapp SP101 .38/.357. She don't need no knife.........;)

6. dutchs

dutchs New Member Lifetime Supporter

Mine is a Glock 20...The wife's is an SR9......

7. threetango

threetango Special Dance Instructor

I reckon since you are new I won't give you a hard time. ;)

Lesson 1.

[​IMG]

Back on topic.
    Me
    Springer RO Compact

[​IMG]

Mrs 3T

Sig 938

[​IMG]

8. berettabone

berettabone In the army now..

I see we have similar tastes............................;)

9. RavenU

RavenU In the army now..

No offense intended; but the above is a long-lived (I would say, 'vampiric') INTERNET GUN FORUM MYTH that just won't seem to die! It wasn't true when I was a boy. It wasn't true for any of the returned WWII or Korean War US Marines in our family. (Some of the toughest men I've ever known!) It wasn't true during the first 50 years of my life; and it has only taken on the form of a virulent IGF intellectual disease since, about, 1995-97. So, ....... for the sake of today's, 'internet gun forum generation' here's what the NRA/ILA has to say:

Source: NRA/ILA Glossary

10. RavenU

RavenU In the army now..

Oh, yeah, about what we carry! :D

I alternate between two pistols. On my more paranoid days I carry a thoroughly, 'tricked out' third generation Glock Model 21 with a spare Arredondo magazine, and 28 rounds (12 + 16) of 45 ACP ammunition. (That's 7 more rounds than we used to carry, 'back in the day' with a 1911 pattern pistol, and two extra magazines!)

On days when I delude myself into believing that people are basically, 'good'; and everything's, 'right with the world' I'll carry a (once again thoroughly, 'tricked out') third generation Glock Model 19(RTF2) with two spare, '+2' Gen3 factory magazines, and 48 rounds (16 +16 + 16) of 9 x 19mm ammo.

My wife carries a custom-tuned (Chuck Lutz!) Ruger SP-101 in 357 Magnum (Which she shoots very well!) with 15 rounds (5 + 5 +5) of ammunition. It's got a 3" barrel, a very smooth double-action trigger, and a soft rubber Hogue Monogrip. She carries it in either a Kramer pocket holster, which she keeps inside her handbag, or in one of Jeff Hayes' very nice SP-101 holsters.

[​IMG]
    (Jeff's SP-101, not my wife's!)

[​IMG]

NOTE: If you're willing to wait a really long time you can get a pair of these excellent, 'Split-The-Belt' SP-101 speedloader pouches from Matt Del Fatti!

[​IMG]

11. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

I agree with the clip or magazine die hard rampage. In the old days a magazine was what a person read. A clip held ammo inserted into a gun. If someone has a pistol but talks about his clip then I know what he is referring to. It just doesn't bother me which word is used because basically they both are for the same thing just using a different apparatus. Myself I will try to use the word applying to the gun being talked about just because I don't want to hear the flack. To each his own I say. If it bothers you then ok and if it doesn't that's ok also. I never was one to care about eating mince pie. That's my .02 and that doesn't buy much anyway. I don't worry about making 2 bits out of it.
    I am ducking because my ears are burning BTW.
    I will go now back to oooohing and aaaahing about the gun pics. It is interesting what the ladies are carrying. I am surprised to see many carrying high powered guns.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
  12. rjtmac

rjtmac Texan by Birth • Grace

The wife would carry a 9mm of some form ... owns a Sig P938 but wrist pain prevents her from comfortably firing and having the confidence with a weapon that presents a large amount of recoil.

She also has a Sig Sauer P2022 9mm which has very little recoil but also being a larger pistol it is hard for to manage as an Everyday Concealed Carry.

13. EasyCZ

EasyCZ Member

My EDC is a G26 in a FoxX Hybrid with Federal HSTs. I sometimes carry a S&W Model 38 as a BUG. Will be upgrading to my P226 .40 in a White Hat IWB when it cools off.
    ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1441929531.832447.jpg
    ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1441929789.266789.jpg

My bride EDCs a Shield 9 in her purse. We want to find good on-body carry for her, but no joy so far.

14. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

My EDC...

[​IMG]

My Wife & Daughter's EDC...

[​IMG]