HiPoint 9 carbine

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Pancho_Villa, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa Well-Known Member

Funahow was kinda slow last weekend. Good crowd Saturday, but little cash flow. Lotta high dollar safe queens coming in the door. Saw a lot of Browning rifles and shotguns. Quite a few Sigs and Kimbers also. Guess people were trying to pay off their credit card vacations and uy new fall wardrobes for their kjds on tax free weekend. Plenty of ARs came in too. Many were getting down to the 4 bill mark. Tried to get one for less of course, but it didn't work.

So, Pancho El Cheapo had to settle for a HiPoint carbine. This one has an odd stock unlike the older ''Planet of the Apes'' guns and The later ones with the improved stock. Gun has a red dot sight mounted on it and has little visible wear. 2 guys came by with it at 3 bills. They were kinda upset when I only offered 150 for it, but said that was their best offer so far. They came down to 2 bills and then an older guy came by and said to go down to 175 so they could leave. They all agreed to 160 for it. Got 2 mags with it.

Gun functioned perfectly well like all the others I got used. However, the Tasco Pro Point red dot was set wey too low. A dead center hold on one of my Pancho El Cheapo 15'' pizza box targets put my hits at the bootom edge of the box at 20 feet using Wally Worrld's Fed aluminum case FMJs. A little bit of tinkering on the elevarion screw did little to move trhe POI. So, I will try again later on a bigger target. Might just take it off and put a scope on it as I had on all the others. I am too blind to see a red dot in daylight anyway. I had another rifle to check out before the sun went down.

Anyone know if this stock is standard now or aftermarket? Several people wanted to know if it was a Beretta Storm. I told them no. It was the new HiPoint Hurricane.

100_0124 (2).JPG

mrmike7189 and rugertoter like this.
  2. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

For $160 you came out good. Hu Points are surprising guns for being so inexpensive.

Pancho_Villa likes this.

3. nickndfl

nickndfl Active Member

Ape shall not kill ape.

-The Lawgiver

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
    rugertoter likes this.
  4. rugertoter

rugertoter Active Member

Nice carbine! That looks like an Advanced Technology, aftermarket stock.

Pancho_Villa likes this.
  5. Pancho_Villa

Dug through my stuff today and found a suitable set of rings and a good take off scope, Simmons 4X to put on the HiPoint instead of the red dot. Just can't see it in daylight. Try to put it on Sunday.

6. mrmike7189

mrmike7189 Member

I'd have said yes it IS a Beretta storm......give me $600 for it.LOL
    You could buy 3 Hi points for that money!

Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
    Pancho_Villa likes this.
  7. rugertoter

rugertoter Active Member

What do you mean?

8. Pancho_Villa

Todday, I finally got around to mounting the Simmons 4X32 scope on this gun. I tried as best I could to use the red dot sight in the daylight, but I just could not see the dot at all. And it has no magnification, so I can't see anything with it beyond 10 yards. My eyesight is just too bad. At least I got a quick zero on it at 10 yards before the sun went down. Will move it out to 50 yards this weekend and do some plinking.

9. mrmike7189

mrmike7189 Member

The Original post.......did you NOT read it? OP said "Anyone know if this stock is standard now or aftermarket? Several people wanted to know if it was a Beretta Storm. I told them no. It was the new HiPoint Hurricane."
    (The Beretta storm retails for $750. )

rugertoter and Pancho_Villa like this.
  10. rugertoter

rugertoter Active Member

Yes, I read it. You can tell it's not a Beretta for crying out loud, even with the stock. I've seen aftermarket stocks, like one from Advanced Technology for instance, that is a close copy of the Beretta, but I did not know Hi Point was making a stock of their own.