Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't want to be rude, so here's a quick
Introduction. I'm kind of new to Rugers, but in the last year or so I've bought 4. 2 laminated stock 10/22's for my daughters, I still need a third. A M77RL in .257 Roberts, I'm not sure when it's from but it's got a red recoil pad and the tang safety. I just bought a M77 in .243, I think from '74. I've been looking on and off for a 77RL in 250 Savage. I never seem to come across them at the same time that I have extra cash, but it'll happen eventually.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Welcome to the forum and jump right in like it's a family reunion. We are here even after dark so bring your flashlight.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Welcomwe To RugerTalk,

You got good taste in guns..;)

Jim

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Welcome to RT.

You have three daughters? (I have some math skills)

You know about the tang safety 'fix' (stronger spring), right? I owned a 77 in 7X57 Mauser and one in .30-06, that I gave to relatives.

"Catamount", eh? Does that, ah, locate you?

Jeez, that's three questions, and you just got here. Sorry, I ain't usually that nosy.

:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep, 3 girls. They all shoot and like to hunt and fish. I don't know much about Ruger tang safety's despite the fact that I now have 2!
Catamount does indeed locate me. :D

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Yep, 3 girls. They all shoot and like to hunt and fish. I don't know much about Ruger tang safety's despite the fact that I now have 2!
Catamount does indeed locate me. :D
The spring was a Ruger "We send you the spring. you install it" fix because a few safeties slid to the off position when the gun was bumped just right. I dunno if they still have any. Don't know how to tell if it's in your guns, either.

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Great bunch of people here and we have a good time visiting. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!!!
Tommy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts