Hi from Eastern NC

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by ChrisKles, Jan 20, 2016.

1. ChrisKles

ChrisKles New Member

New to the forum but have owned Ruger firearms since the late 1970's. Have some classics from the old Six line (Security, Police Service, and Speed) as well as current production models...long guns, big bore revolvers, and Semi-auto pistols. I love Ruger products---and they just seem to get better and better!

2. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Welcome. Yeah, I too think the Ruger line is still getting better. Hi-Point is too, but Ruger has been at it longer. One of my friends says that his 3-screw Single Six is better than the New Model in several ways, but that's a different ballgame. Do you own a Police Carbine? That damn thing fascinates me - and Ruger only made 9000 or so.

3. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to RugerTalk,

Thanks for joining,

Let us enjoy some of them Rugers ....any pics.

Jim

4. ChrisKles

ChrisKles New Member

I wish I owned the police carbine...tried to find one for a long time and ended up with the Hi-point carbine in 45---which has been totally reliable and a 'blast' to shoot.

Chris K

5. ChrisKles

ChrisKles New Member

Phideaux...here is a carefully restored Security Six...bought fro a bargain bin and brought back to life

Chris K

ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1453324883.445371.jpg

6. ChrisKles

ChrisKles New Member

ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1453325676.953902.jpg

here it is from another view...it was a 'project gun' --- my grown up daughter has since taken claim of it and we shoot whenever she comes to visit.

Chris K

7. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Glad you saved it, looks great..
    I hate to see any gun die.

Jim

8. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Yeah I hate it when guns go bad and shoot themselves. LOL just had to say it. Obama are ya proud of me?
    Welcome to the forum and yeppers we like pics for sure.

9. LT2108

LT2108 Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Welcome to the forum!

10. bikeride4fun

bikeride4fun NRA Benefactor Member

11. Oldhand

Oldhand AKA Rawhidekid! Lifetime Supporter

Welcome ChrisKles, always had a soft spot for the Security Six. I used to list my guns at the bottom but saw the Gov was starting to look at forums and no longer do. Why make it easy for them.:machinegun:

12. ChrisKles

ChrisKles New Member

Yes Rawhidekid...I thought about a signature line like that but my paranoids have been acting up lately. I will post some pics of a couple of my older friends from the Six line a little later today.

13. ChrisKles

ChrisKles New Member

OK...so here are a couple of treasures...and they are working guns---not safe queens. They are carried and shot regularly, along with the Security Six posted above (which my daughter has claimed as her own, with my blessings). On the left is a Police Service Six in a Safariland holster, and on the right is my Speed Six. I swapped out the hammer for a spurless I found on Gunbroker. They are my trail guns, and when I am in the woods are loaded up with the Buffaloe Bore loads. Folks, don't even ask---they will never be for sale! ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1453564417.213281.jpg

14. ChrisKles

ChrisKles New Member

15. ChrisKles

ChrisKles New Member

and the Speed Six...lucky me! ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1453564937.940201.jpg

16. ChrisKles

ChrisKles New Member

Here is a much better picture of my restored Security Six ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1453920882.716664.jpg