Hey there from Texas

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by TexasM77, Mar 29, 2015.

1. TexasM77

TexasM77 New Member

Just a note to say hello from south central Texas. Lifetime Ruger fan. 3 10/22's in the vault including a rare early sporter. This 10/22 was the first rifle I bought in high school in 1968. Shoot in bullseye matches with a bull barrel Mk-II. Found an M77 last week with a beautiful bubinga stock at a local pawn shop. This 7mm Remington Magnum had been sitting on the rack for many months so I got it for less than the stock would cost me. I need to refinish the trigger guard and magazine floor plate. Will order a Timney trigger and muzzle brake to tweak the rifle. A Meopta scope will finish it up. The bore looks good, no reason to replace until I take to the range and see how it shoots. I guess you can tell I am not a fan of black plastic stocks. If anyone reloads 7mm for this rifle, would be interested in what loads you like.

Thanks, John

Attached Files:

2. bikeride4fun

bikeride4fun NRA Benefactor Member

3. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Welcome, Tex. That's a pretty stock, but I'm too conservative for that forend. ;)

4. TexasM77

TexasM77 New Member

When it comes to women, whiskey and guns we are allowed even these politically correct days to have his favorites.

I like schanbels on light weight, heavy recoiling rifles like this one. Keeps my hand from sliding forward and I am a bit eccentric to boot!

5. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

Welcome to the forum! We're very happy to have you join us! :) Jump on in and enjoy! :D

6. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to Rugertalk,

Beautiful M77, I have a M77 MarkII in 22-250 ,
    great gun.

Jim

7. TxLobo

TxLobo New Member

Central Texas here.. Brown County, about 70 miles SE of Abilene.. I'm AWOL most of the time, but I do drift back when work doesn't suck the grey matter from me.. Welcome aboard!

8. TexasM77

TexasM77 New Member

Brown County

Been to Brownwood, Goldwaithe, Abeline and other "resorts" many times on business, nice in the spring time. I live in Round Rock.

9. EasyCZ

EasyCZ Member

Sweet 77. Congrats!

ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1427760845.319494.jpg

10. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to the R/T !!

11. TexasM77

TexasM77 New Member

thanks

thanks for greetings and welcomes!

12. jmohme