Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
RETIRED MODERATOR
7,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading my email on Wednesday and saw an ad from Gander Mountain on a .22lr single action revolver, so I visited Gander on Thursday morning and walked away with a good deal on a Heritage Manufacturing Rough Rider...that is usually priced @ $199.99 on sale for $119.99. Total after Tax and NICS was $132.19.

Came with a coupon that offers the .22 Magnum cylinder for only $29.99. Mailed that away this morning...

So...I took it to the range Thursday after leaving the store and was amazed at how accurate it was right from the box, considering it only had a fixed front blade and rear notch for sights. It's quite a nice little single action revolver for the price...

Specifications

Caliber: .22LR
Action: Single Action Revolver
Capacity: 6
Barrel length: 4.75"
Frame: Aluminum alloy
Grips: Cocobolo
Sights: Open fixed / notch in rear
Overall length: 10.035"
Overall weight: 33.4 ozs.
Mfg. Number: RR22B4

·
Patriot
2,160 Posts
Sounds like too good of a deal to pass up. Congrats

A friends coworker bought one of those.
Last I heard he was trying to decide if he wanted the .22 mag cylinder.
30 bucks for the extra cylinder seems like a no-brainer to me. :dunno: I'd go for it for sure.

:usa:

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Yep, that's the best price I've seen in a long time.

Congo rats,

First hand gun my GKs shot.
$ 100 OTD 5 years ago.

heritage.jpg

heritage 22.jpg

Jim

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
That thingy on the left side of the gun, behind the cylinder - is that a safety doohickey?

·
RETIRED MODERATOR
7,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea VT...in the 2nd pic the safety IS down.

The safety must be put down before firing.

When you do...it uncovers a red dot...meaning the gun is hot. You can even put the hammer in the fourth notch...but it will not fire until the safety is DOWN.

Every other function is done with the safety UP in the on position...including reloading and taking / swapping out the cylinder.

·
RETIRED MODERATOR
7,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well Jim...that was a great price.

The box is now brown with faux wood grain with their logo in black...they still give you the trigger lock...but...NOT the spent cartridge and envelope with shooter's name. The box does have a cutout for the .22 Mag cylinder...which IS on it's way.

100% Made in the USA...Miami Lakes, Florida

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
I had bought one about6 years ago. It came with the extra mag cylinder. I hear so many saying their gun shot so accurate but I must have gotten a lemon. Off a bag it shot 4" low and to the left. I had to file down and bend the front blade. It is much better now. I also have the Heritage "Don't tread on me" 6" 22lr that didn't come with an extra mag cylinder. It shoots where I end up pointing it. LOL That's why the shots aren't where they were supposedly aimed to be.
For the price they are a good buy. One lemon excluded.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
I think the 4" one with extra mag was $159 and the 6" might have been $139.
That same day I bought a Uberti 357 cattleman SAO 6 shooter for I think $269. I think I sold this gun for $260 a couple years later. That gun had a hair trigger on it, I probably should have kept it but oh well.
I bought all three the same day at an Academy.

Attachments

·
RETIRED MODERATOR
7,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nice score...wish we had an Academy in my neck of the woods.

Gander Mountain is the newest gun shop we have around me...if I go to the old neighborhood, there are only two Mom & Pop shops still in business...where there use to be six.

Before you know it...Brick and Mortar large retailers will soon give way to online eShopping only.

Maybe they will plow the strip malls under and go back to farm land... :rolleyes: Yea...RIGHT !!

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
My LGS I believe before he quotes me a price checks online pricing because he is right in there with them on prices. Before I buy a gun online I call him for a quote because he often is within dollars of online prices and I don't pay freight or FFL fees and I can have it usually, if not in stock, within two days. This last gun I just bought he had in the next day and prices neck and neck with online.

·
Registered
992 Posts
^^^ I pretty much always buy at LGS. I got my LC9s for $320 IIRC, when the big box stores wanted $400+. The only thing the big stores have going for them is selection.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Those are nice pistols. A gun shop a couple of towns over keeps the 22 Long Rifle version without the extra magnum cylinder in stock at $120. I just about bought one, but ended up with a stainless Single Six convertible instead. I keep threatening to buy one of the Heritage 3" Birds head grip models, but I'm saving my pennies for a Bearcat Shopkeeper.

Attachments

·
RETIRED MODERATOR
7,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Always liked the Birds Head Grip look on a Single Action...

I hear the Bear Cats are good shooters...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts