Here is my completed MKIII replica from the movies "Assassins"

Discussion in 'Ruger Rimfire Forums' started by PaseMkr, Mar 15, 2014.

1. PaseMkr

PaseMkr New Member

Hi all,

I just wanted to post some pics of my finish MKIII and trust me, my photography skills do not do this thing justice. I was seeking someone to do some custom mods in order to create a shortened/suppressed Ruger MK, like the Rugers used by Stallone and Banderas in the movies "Assassins." One of the very help members (yowsaboss) on this forum referred me to Jason at MaddMac's Precision Tactical and I couldn't be happier. Jason was nothing short of awesome and his work far surpassed even my greatest expectations. I have not shot it yet, but the trigger is about 1.5lbs, crisp and smooth along with a super buttery slick/smooth bolt action and a magazine release that when pressed, spits the empty magazine out with authority. Here is a list of the mods that Jason did..
    *Installed stainless steel hammer bushing to replace the factory magazine disconnect and bushing
    *Target trigger job
    *The Volquartsen Bolt Tune-Up Kit
    *Radius bolt work
    *Cut, crown and thread barrel to 2.625" w/thread protector
    *Volquartsen extractor
    *Machined a fake suppressor to look like the AAC Prodigy as I await my tax stamp for the real thing.

BTW, The model is a Ruger 10158 with the removable grip panels. I was interested in putting some 1911 grip panels with a punisher logo and was wondering if anyone could tell me if they will fit or what I have to do to get them to fit.

Attached Files:

2. PaseMkr

PaseMkr New Member

WoW! 20+ views and nothing but crickets. Well, if it cycles reliably, I will be tickled! It's the EXACT look I was going for AND I already have a 5.5" PAC-Lite/threaded barrel for longer range accuracy just in case.

3. HeatherM

HeatherM New Member

Love it! Great work!

4. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

Very nice! Please let us know how it shoots!

5. bikeride4fun

bikeride4fun NRA Benefactor Member

Cool looking gun.....That's awesome.....

6. bikeride4fun

bikeride4fun NRA Benefactor Member

Understand what your saying....I have put up post on here...nothing happens. But I am amazed by how many members will post if they think there going to get/win something free......:(

7. ruganater

ruganater New Member

8. EasyCZ

EasyCZ Member

Awesome! How much did all of that put you back?

9. PaseMkr

PaseMkr New Member

As soon as I suppressed and unsuppressed, I will report back. Jason did test it with standard velocity and high velocity with no cycling issues unsuppressed. The barrel is 2.62" and I know of others that went 2 inches and only were able to shoot high velocity with a suppressor in order to have reliable function, so I am encouraged that the 2.62" will hopefully be the sweet spot. I don't really care about sub-sonics, since at that barrel length, I do not believe that the standard or high velocity will reach super sonic anyway.

10. OldTexan

OldTexan New Member

Takes some getting used to seeing the front sight being where it is, but that's the only place it works.

Interesting build. Anxious to hear the performance points when it's done.

11. deputy tom

deputy tom New Member

That is a cool pistol. tom. :D