Ruger Talk Forums banner

Henry Survival Rifle

5K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  threetango 
#1 ·
Went by my LGS this morning and picked up the only one they got in.

Here it is laid out.

And here completely packed in the stock.

See less See more
#5 ·
I have an exceptional amount of both and will post a review on cheap ammo and the high priced ones when I have an opportunity.
I understand that a lot of problems occurred when Charter Arms owned the manufacturing rights , but now that Henry is owner we shall see.

#8 ·
I had a Charter AR-7 in the 80s that I loved but it did jam often. Well, I 'worked' on it and after that the the rifle started shooting full auto...intermittently. Not good!
When I saw that Henry had picked up the line I decided to get one and have another go. I remembered how much fun the old one was to shoot and new that Henry would make it better. I couldn't be more pleased. It's the same AR-7 Survival Rifle without the problems of the Charter Arms version. I've cycled many CCI Stingers and Winchesters through it with maybe 3 jams in 500 or so. It hits spot on a swinging 6" 3d target at 50 yds. It's one of those rifles you can just pick up and hit with. I'm so happy Henry started making this little gem with the quality they are known for.

#10 ·
Very cool 3T...I've thought about picking one of those up for the Bug Out Bag I keep in my Jeep !!
We have run about 350 rds of different 22LR thru it with no problems so I guess since Henry took it back over the quality improved.
Mrs 3T now carries it in her BOB.
I packed a Sig Sauer 522 in my BOB.

#11 ·
That's a neat little rifle. I've liked them for many years, though I've never owned one. I didn't know the butt plate could be installed upside down like that :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.