Ruger Talk Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My truck is my toy project.
Been adding a lot of aftermarket stuff and playing with it,

Now I need some help (as I'm not known to be hip), to decide which grille to replace on the truck.

I want it all black,
The wife likes the Vertical bar grill, I like the Mesh type , but we both kinda like the horizontal bar billet type,
which one gets your vote?

Heres a pic of stock grill..

100_6021.jpg

Number 1, Mesh
grill.jpg

Number2,horizontal billet
grill3.jpg

number3, Vertical bar
grill4.jpg

Next is gonna be black bumpers.

Jim

Attachments

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
I like the mesh

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
You might go to a Dodge Ram forum to see pics on the trucks.
I like the stock grill look but I also like the vertical black bar and bumper bad to the bone look. I like it better than the mesh. I have seen a few trucks with the mesh and I wasn't to thrilled with it.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I drove it today, (no rain) Its a blast...I love that it burns rubber so easy , even with them 34" tires.:cool::D

I think Ill hold on to it for a while..

How about this one..
bar.jpg

Jim

Attachments

·
Patriot
2,160 Posts
Number2,horizontal billet..... Maybe the mesh. :pirateFlag:
I don't even like the one on the red truck.

:GadsdenFlag:

·
Registered
992 Posts
I actually like the stock grille, but since that's not an option...

Mesh first, and it's not even close. Then horizontal, and no to the vertical. It looks too much like that Lincoln Blackwood grille for me.

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
When I was a kid, Packard had the best grille. You'd need a new hood for that though.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Finally made up my mind,
Ordered this one today, suppose to be delivered next Friday.

Jim

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
I'd like that better if the strands were thicker. Would hate to have some joker stick large housefly pics on it.

:dunno:

[Of course, the joker would be putting 'fingers' wrapped around the strands from inside. Hmm. Did you say you've ordered it already?]

:duck:

·
Registered
3,442 Posts

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey Bob,
Can you find me some of them big bug stickers (with guts hanging out) for the new grille?

Jim

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Hey Bob,
Can you find me some of them big bug stickers (with guts hanging out) for the new grille?

Jim
You are probably better at Internet searches than I am; most folks are.

What I was thinking of was the flies on a screen door. Walking around.

Wow; animated flybots on screen-type truck grills - on the inside, so they wouldn't be stolen... phooey, can't patent a idea.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
I know you guys been losing sleep , wanting to know what I finally got around to doing ...:rolleyes::)

Been playing with the toy...

before
100_6021.jpg
after
black1.jpg

before
100_6025.JPG.jpg.jpg
after
black.jpg

before
100_6023.jpg
after
black7.jpg

Jim

Attachments

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
Why the hell would you ask us about your grille when you already had your mind made up? Personally I like 'em stock in appearance. After 50 yrs. of customizing cars, I am tired of working on them and doing all kinds of remakes. Just like my Model A's, I try to keep them fairly stock looking with the exception of tires and some engine work. If Henry Ford wanted a 32 Ford chopped and channeled he would have made them that way. Either way, it looks good and if that makes you happy, then that's all that counts!!!!

Tommy

P.S. I never had no fancy stump log roller like that myself - although I still play the lottery.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts