Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to do a full take down and cleaning of my SR9c, but I'm having trouble trying to figure out how to remove the striker cover on the rear of the slide. It's (according to Ruger's website) part number 21 on the exploded view of the gun. There is supposed to be a small hole to the right edge of the part. Mine does not have that hole. Picture attached. Any help is appreciated. TIA

Attachments

·
Registered
182 Posts
Ruger customer service is top notch. Call them!

·
Registered
2 Posts
There is a ring around the striker indicator that must be depressed in order to release the cover. I just used a small punch.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks,
I'll take a closer look at it. Looks like I'll need to pick up a punch.

·
Hunter, CAS/SASS
12 Posts
They changed it??? I have both a sr9 and 9C and they both come down with the little hole. If it doesn't come apart as stated by the above, a call to Ruger is required.

Lead Foot

·
Patriot
2,160 Posts
I'm trying to do a full take down and cleaning of my SR9c, but I'm having trouble trying to figure out how to remove the striker cover on the rear of the slide. It's (according to Ruger's website) part number 21 on the exploded view of the gun. There is supposed to be a small hole to the right edge of the part. Mine does not have that hole. Picture attached. Any help is appreciated. TIA
They changed it. At the bottom of the striker indicator there is a small slot in the cover plate. Use a small punch (in the slot) to push the lock ring in and push the cover plate down and off. The striker MUST be forward in order to remove the cover.
Happy Shooting.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Magnumblackhawk,
Let me welcome you to RugerTalk,

Thanks for joining
Thanks for this first post.

How about going over to Introductions and telling all of us a little about yourself.

Thanks

Jim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts