help needed with my SR9C please

Discussion in 'Ruger Center Fire Pistols' started by carmonooch, Jan 20, 2015.

1. carmonooch

carmonooch New Member

I'm trying to do a full take down and cleaning of my SR9c, but I'm having trouble trying to figure out how to remove the striker cover on the rear of the slide. It's (according to Ruger's website) part number 21 on the exploded view of the gun. There is supposed to be a small hole to the right edge of the part. Mine does not have that hole. Picture attached. Any help is appreciated. TIA

Attached Files:

2. lefty60

lefty60 New Member

Ruger customer service is top notch. Call them!

3. kysquare

kysquare New Member

There is a ring around the striker indicator that must be depressed in order to release the cover. I just used a small punch.

4. carmonooch

carmonooch New Member

Thanks,
    I'll take a closer look at it. Looks like I'll need to pick up a punch.

5. CLF

CLF Hunter, CAS/SASS

They changed it??? I have both a sr9 and 9C and they both come down with the little hole. If it doesn't come apart as stated by the above, a call to Ruger is required.

Lead Foot

6. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

They changed it. At the bottom of the striker indicator there is a small slot in the cover plate. Use a small punch (in the slot) to push the lock ring in and push the cover plate down and off. The striker MUST be forward in order to remove the cover.
    Happy Shooting.

Last edited: May 7, 2015
  7. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Magnumblackhawk,
    Let me welcome you to RugerTalk,

Thanks for joining
    Thanks for this first post.

How about going over to Introductions and telling all of us a little about yourself.

Thanks

Jim