Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a big dude. I've owned and shot pistols for a long time but I've never concealed carried. I need to now. I'm struggling with holsters. Any bigger guys have suggestions? Please help. I have about $70 to spend. Owb? Iwb? Thanks.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man! What location do you wear it. I tried a 6oclock iwb (no holster, just tried with the gun). Seemed like it may be worth a shot too.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the advice guys. I ordered a #6 rtf remora. Gonna try it out at the 6oclock. I take the gun off my person when in my truck anyway. Put it in center console.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Hope you like it,

I believe you will.

That is another advantage of it, easy on and off.

Jim

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey I am a big guy here to, I ordered the remora reinforced top for my SR9c and liked it but it was a little bulky. I then ordered the leather lined standard with the regular sweat shield and I love that one! Also have a Hidden Hybrid Holster, and I love that one was well! I carry both around the 3:30 - 4:00 position.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I do find it a lil bulky at the 530-6oclock position but my reasoning behind the stiffer model was I figured it would be easier to holster and re-holster my gun. I practice my draw a bunch. I may get the standard sometime and check her out. Glad you like it brother. I'm gonna do a review on mine in a few months. Gonna let it get warmer here so I can test in lighter clothes before I post anything. That lil sucker stays put though! Great holster! <><

·
Registered
3 Posts
The leather lined version does help to keep the holster open. Not as good as the reinforced top, but it does hold it open enough for one handed reholsters and it's a lot thinner.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks brother. I'll hafta get one of those for summer carry. Should be a lil less print with a t-shirt. Have a good one.

·
Love My Ruger SR9C 9 MM
22 Posts
I got a nice holster from WalMart believe it or not, fits in your pant pocket and on your hip with a belt.

·
Love My Ruger SR9C 9 MM
22 Posts
I cant remember the brand name, but you can get them back where the hunting and fishing and ammo is. It was about 16.00 I think? I cant remember, sorry..

·
Love My Ruger SR9C 9 MM
22 Posts
Here is my holster that you were asking about.

What's the brand and cost friend? May help someone who's lookin for a good holster. Thanks for the comment. <><
Here is my holster, can attach on left or right hip:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Most of the time I use 3Speed Holster It was $85.00 but i feel it money well spent for what you get

The smaller holster is a Sticky Holster MD4 and my wife got it for me through Amazon for about $25.00 (Also works well, but i prefer to wear it in jeans with some belt support) Ruger SR40C is my EDC.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was talking to another guy today about holsters and took a few picks of my 9c in my Hidden Hybrid Holster, so figured I would post them here too. Don't mind the gut... ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1390716631.946259.jpg ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1390716647.848706.jpg ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1390716662.746902.jpg ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1390716674.071893.jpg ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1390716688.076717.jpg ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1390716697.825679.jpg

I really like this one because one it is extremely comfortable. I wear it anywhere from 3-5 o'clock depending on what I am doing or wearing. Two it can be used as an OWB and IWB, and has two screws around the trigger guard for adjusting the retention.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm a fair sized fellow too, 290 pounds with about a 54 waist. I have carried about everything from a 5" Kimber 1911 to a small Taurus PT140 in a Crossbreed IWB holster. Very comfortable over a days carry and well built.

At the moment however i am carrying a Glock30, which is a medium compact 45 in an Alien holster. Built in Fort Smith Arkansas and very much like the Crossbreed in they are both IWB holsters using both leather and kydix. The main differences between Crossbreed and Alien is the Alien has a couple more features like replaceable gun shells where you don't have to buy a whole new holster in order to change guns, but the biggest feature is the Crossbreed costs about $70 and the Alien costs $28. Check em out at http://alienholster.com I usually carry in the 3:30 to 4:00 slot and normally carry 14 to 18 hours a day with great comfort from either holster.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts