Hello

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by jehzsa, Aug 18, 2020.

1. jehzsa

jehzsa New Member

And greetings from beautiful, downtown Tierra de los Lagos, Florida.

My first Ruger many years ago was a SR9c which I got quickly rid off, unfired. Wrong fit and felt so over-engineered that I thought it could probably be used to fire 10mm out of it.

I carry these days an EC9s, alternating with a PPS M2, which I found at a good price about three (3) months ago. Long story short, I purchased a Safepacker holster off from ebay at a great price and I was looking for something nice to fill it in. Voila! My Ec9s.

Very satisfied with it. Certainly a keeper which I hope I don't lose in a tragic boating accident.

As you probably can tell, I'm a very serious-minded person.

rugertoter and quirky like this.
  2. jmohme

jmohme Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard.

My wife's EDC is a SR9C. She loves it, but handguns are like footwear. One size does not fit all.
    I'm glad you found a good fit with the EC9s.

3. quirky

quirky Active Member

[​IMG]

Never leave home without it. (some of the best money I ever spent)

Greetings from Wyoming.

4. jehzsa

jehzsa New Member

Thank you, Sir. Good to read of you again.

5. jehzsa

jehzsa New Member

Aaaahhhh! Wyoming!
    My favorite place to get off the grid and away as possible from all civilization.

Darn! Did I just spill that out? :)

6. paulruger

paulruger Active Member

Welcome from Texas!

jehzsa likes this.
  7. rugertoter

rugertoter Active Member

Hello and welcome to the forum! Here is my EC9s, and I carry it more than just about any other pistol...great gun.[​IMG]

8. jehzsa

jehzsa New Member

Hello paulruger and rugertoter. Thanks for the welcome.

As it turns out, I'm carrying the EC9s almost exclusively these days. And true to form, I'm up to five 7-round mags, one 9-rounder, and one 8-rounder that has the Galloway extension. All loaded with Federal HST 147 gr.

One more 9-rounder mag and the universe will be balanced. o_O

rugertoter likes this.
  9. rugertoter

rugertoter Active Member

How do the 147's run in yours? The only 147's I have on hand are Speer Gold Dots, and they occasionally hang up on me. I keep mine loaded with the Federal 115 grain JHP's.

10. jehzsa

jehzsa New Member

Works fine for now. Knock on wood.
    I like light and fast (Norma 108 gr) or slow and heavy (HST 147 gr). Haven't tried the 150-something grain. Probably will after the pandemic is magically over the day after the election.

Fwiw, for practice I use the 115 gr. Federal and Geco (made in Tampa).
    To test Norma and HST I only shoot 2 or 3 mags. If they cycle reliably, I'm satisfied. I have never dropped 500 rounds to test a cartridge. Never will.

Not only it becomes prohibitive with expensive rounds, it seems to me a fool's errand. For example, what if I get a FTFeed at round 499? Does that mean that I have to start all over again? I'll take my chances with what I've done until now. YMMV

Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
    rugertoter likes this.
  11. jehzsa

jehzsa New Member

Btw, I have also never put downrange more than two boxes (100 rds.) per visit.

Or spent 3 hours at a gun show. After that, I start feeling "uncomfortable". Tantamount to going to a woman's clothing store with my wife.

rugertoter likes this.
  12. ifithitu

ifithitu Well-Known Member

Hello from Kentucky.

jehzsa likes this.