Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And greetings from beautiful, downtown Tierra de los Lagos, Florida.

My first Ruger many years ago was a SR9c which I got quickly rid off, unfired. Wrong fit and felt so over-engineered that I thought it could probably be used to fire 10mm out of it.

I carry these days an EC9s, alternating with a PPS M2, which I found at a good price about three (3) months ago. Long story short, I purchased a Safepacker holster off from ebay at a great price and I was looking for something nice to fill it in. Voila! My Ec9s.

Very satisfied with it. Certainly a keeper which I hope I don't lose in a tragic boating accident.

As you probably can tell, I'm a very serious-minded person.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Welcome aboard.

My wife's EDC is a SR9C. She loves it, but handguns are like footwear. One size does not fit all.
I'm glad you found a good fit with the EC9s.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome aboard.

My wife's EDC is a SR9C. She loves it, but handguns are like footwear. One size does not fit all.
I'm glad you found a good fit with the EC9s.
Thank you, Sir. Good to read of you again.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Never leave home without it. (some of the best money I ever spent)

Greetings from Wyoming.
Aaaahhhh! Wyoming!
My favorite place to get off the grid and away as possible from all civilization.

Darn! Did I just spill that out? :)

·
Registered
324 Posts
And greetings from beautiful, downtown Tierra de los Lagos, Florida.

My first Ruger many years ago was a SR9c which I got quickly rid off, unfired. Wrong fit and felt so over-engineered that I thought it could probably be used to fire 10mm out of it.

I carry these days an EC9s, alternating with a PPS M2, which I found at a good price about three (3) months ago. Long story short, I purchased a Safepacker holster off from ebay at a great price and I was looking for something nice to fill it in. Voila! My Ec9s.

Very satisfied with it. Certainly a keeper which I hope I don't lose in a tragic boating accident.

As you probably can tell, I'm a very serious-minded person.
Hello and welcome to the forum! Here is my EC9s, and I carry it more than just about any other pistol...great gun.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello paulruger and rugertoter. Thanks for the welcome.

As it turns out, I'm carrying the EC9s almost exclusively these days. And true to form, I'm up to five 7-round mags, one 9-rounder, and one 8-rounder that has the Galloway extension. All loaded with Federal HST 147 gr.

One more 9-rounder mag and the universe will be balanced. o_O

·
Registered
324 Posts
Hello paulruger and rugertoter. Thanks for the welcome.

As it turns out, I'm carrying the EC9s almost exclusively these days. And true to form, I'm up to five 7-round mags, one 9-rounder, and one 8-rounder that has the Galloway extension. All loaded with Federal HST 147 gr.

One more 9-rounder mag and the universe will be balanced. o_O
How do the 147's run in yours? The only 147's I have on hand are Speer Gold Dots, and they occasionally hang up on me. I keep mine loaded with the Federal 115 grain JHP's.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Works fine for now. Knock on wood.
I like light and fast (Norma 108 gr) or slow and heavy (HST 147 gr). Haven't tried the 150-something grain. Probably will after the pandemic is magically over the day after the election.

Fwiw, for practice I use the 115 gr. Federal and Geco (made in Tampa).
To test Norma and HST I only shoot 2 or 3 mags. If they cycle reliably, I'm satisfied. I have never dropped 500 rounds to test a cartridge. Never will.

Not only it becomes prohibitive with expensive rounds, it seems to me a fool's errand. For example, what if I get a FTFeed at round 499? Does that mean that I have to start all over again? I'll take my chances with what I've done until now. YMMV

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Btw, I have also never put downrange more than two boxes (100 rds.) per visit.

Or spent 3 hours at a gun show. After that, I start feeling "uncomfortable". Tantamount to going to a woman's clothing store with my wife.

·
Premium Member
1,482 Posts
Hello from Kentucky.

Reactions: jehzsa
1 - 12 of 12 Posts