Hello

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Willieboy, Dec 19, 2015.

1. Willieboy

Willieboy New Member

I think I registered with RugerTalk way back when, but I've not been active. I am an old guy now. I have a wife and a Rottweiler. Both bite me. I am a Glock fan of many years, but also have a couple SA 1911s in 9mm.

I am contemplating the purchase of my only revolver. It will be a Ruger in .357.

2. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum. I have the LCR 357 and the GP100 match Champion .357. I like both and especially liked for the smooth triggers and built tank tough. The LCR is daily CC.
    New open carry law in Texas after 1-1 2016 for people with CHL might just see carrying the GP100 more often.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2015

3. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Hello Willie,
    Welcome to RugerTalk,

Thanks for joining.

Jim

4. Willieboy

Willieboy New Member

I'm in the Cypress area Buster. I have been carrying concealed since Moses and I sojourned in the dessert. I am kind of ambivalent about open carry. I'm not sure I see an upside to others knowing I am armed. I will probably remain discreet.

5. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

Oh my! Your going to fit in well here! Glad your back! Only an intro and I'm already laughing out loud!!!!!!!
    Welcome!!!! We're happy to have you!

6. LT2108

LT2108 Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Welcome to the forum!

7. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Glad you are here, Willie. The GP100MC has several lovable attributes, one of them being that it is a very controllable .357. I too am concerned about open carry in "civilized" society, mostly the Unauthorized Grab factor. A loose shirt, or tuxedo jacket mitigates that concern well enough for me.

[I've worn a tuxedo jacket on one occasion long ago, so that's a semi-educated guess. I know a barn coat will work.]

8. jmohme

jmohme Well-Known Member

Welcome from Texas!

9. smokier

smokier New Member

Welcome from Eastern Iowa!

The GP-100 is a great wheel gun.

Be safe,
    Smokier

10. Willieboy

Willieboy New Member

es, I ordered a G100 with 3 inch barrel last Saturday. It has not shipped yet but hopefully, when the Christmas rush is over, it will be shipped. I can't wait.