Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long time Ruger owner. Just traded a 20 + year old .357 SP101 for a new 9mm moonclip LCR 5456. Also have a MK II .22lr for plinking.

Hope to learn a lot here.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Welcome to RugerTalk,

Thanks for joining,

Nice Rugers you have there,

Jim

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Welcome to Ruger Talk! It's a great forum. Have fun with it! How do you like using those moon clips?

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
Welcome to the forum and I hope you enjoy yourself while on here. We have a diverse group of people and many ideas along with many fantasies and facts (mostly facts). You will find yourself welcome on any thing or discussion that you would like to join in on so please help yourself and again a warm welcome.

Tommy from Az

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome to Ruger Talk! It's a great forum. Have fun with it! How do you like using those moon clips?
I love the gun but the moon clips are clumsy compared to a real speed loader. I can live with that when you compare 9mm ammo costs compared to .38 / .357 for the SP101 I traded in.

·
Registered
23 Posts
WELCOME from Maine the gun friendly state where NO Permit need to CCW :O

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
Welcome fellow Cali survivor!
Happy you've joined us! Really were just one big happy family. Stick around and jump on in! :)

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
I moved from CA to Washington a few years ago. And I'm moving to Idaho at the end of the summer. I went from not-free to free and will be going to even freer!
I feel your pain

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I moved from CA to Washington a few years ago. And I'm moving to Idaho at the end of the summer. I went from not-free to free and will be going to even freer!
I feel your pain
Beautiful country, Idaho. I must say I envy you. Enjoy! :)

·
AKA Rawhidekid!
1,868 Posts
Since you like the 1911 platform, if you ever get a chance try the 38 Super. Less recoil, higher capacity and flatter shooting.:)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Since you like the 1911 platform, if you ever get a chance try the 38 Super. Less recoil, higher capacity and flatter shooting.:)
Thanks. I have never tried a .38 Super although I'd like too. I believe it's the caliber of choice and largest allowed in Mexico legally, that is. Unfortunately my range doesn't have one for rent.

As for capacity, my old .45 acp Para 1911's have 12 + 1 & 14 + 1 double stacks, (all CA pre-ban of course).

·
Patriot
2,160 Posts
Hi Lex, Welcome and thanks for joining in on the fun.
What do you think of the Bersa .380? I've been considering letting :quote: my wife get 'her' one. LOL.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I love the gun but the moon clips are clumsy compared to a real speed loader. I can live with that when you compare 9mm ammo costs compared to .38 / .357 for the SP101 I traded in.

There was a loader for moon clips awhile back, worked like a speed loader- saw a guy in a competition using them- worked well from what I remember.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi Lex, Welcome and thanks for joining in on the fun.
What do you think of the Bersa .380? I've been considering letting :quote: my wife get 'her' one. LOL.
Thanks for the welcome. As for the Bersa, mine is the "FireStorm .380" model. the only Bersa on the CA DOJ approved list. http://certguns.doj.ca.gov/

I dumped a totally unreliable .380 Walther PPK/S in favor of the Bersa. Unlike the Walther, absolutely no FF or FE issues with a wide variety of ammo types and brands. Plus, you can't beat the price. It's everything the PPK should have been.

I highly recommend it. :)

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts