Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a farmer from Indiana and have owned Ruger firearms for 20+ yrs. I ordered a polished ss blackhawk 7.5" in .45lc when I was 21. reloaded HOT loads with light bullets for it from day one. carried it as my ccw for 20 years, fired well over 15,000 rds with no ill effects and i still have it. I now carry a 9.5" SRH in .454 casull in all weather everywhere in the same xp100 break-away shoulder holster under my flannel shirt with one button undone. I am tall and large framed and it disappears better than my compact sccy 9mm. is accessible when seated or buckled in a seat belt and comes out before you can process whats happening. it took my mother 21 years to find that it was there at church and every family function I had with her! (happened to bump up against it) there is harldy ever a day when I am not wearing it. I also have a 1990's m77 MKII target in .22-250, and one in .204., GP100 .357 6" ss, RH 4" .45lc, and my father has an LC9s and 10-22 that I shoot also.

·
Premium Member
1,482 Posts
Welcome....

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
Greetings from MA. That's quite a respectable collection of Rugers you've listed. If you've got other brands of firearms, we enjoy reading about them as well as looking at photos.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Greetings from MA. That's quite a respectable collection of Rugers you've listed. If you've got other brands of firearms, we enjoy reading about them as well as looking at photos.
I have many other firearms' not too good at the posting pics thing as I do not have my own computer with access to the net (stone age right!) so it may take me a while to respond. In short I grew up with a very nice unissued Mauser glover K-98 in 8mm that my father bought when he was a teenager for $40! (still have it) the first Ruger I bought was the m77 MKII .22-250 in the early 1990's because it was a Mauser design. I got into hand loading because of this rifle and when I opened the manual I got with the kit and saw there was a section for the .45lc entitled "Ruger only" with loads that put .44 mags to shame I bought the blackhawk in .45lc I still have that has ate many pounds of Win296 and H110 powder with no ill effects!

·
1968 Ford Galaxie 500 XL
204 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Connecticut !!!!!!!!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Welcome.

·
Premium Member
1,419 Posts
Welcome to the forum from deep south Texas. Haven't been around much cause everyone was sick the last week and I was doing all hte cooking, cleaning and wahing. O hyea, I do most of it anyway, so I guess it don't matter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts