Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
251 Posts
Sounds like the .30 caliber carbine has served you well. I didn't like mine. I even had a single action revolver 3 screws in the same caliber. The revolver, the casings were always getting stuck and difficult to bring out with the ejector rod. The carbine wasn't all that accurate. The mini-14 is also chambered in .223 and I've heard it is now in the common 5.56. Maybe this would be better. Better in ballistics, better in accuracy, better in long distance. As for using the shock buffers, I don't think they are necessary. They weren't used in the Military and they did get used and abused too often and still functioned without the buffers. The .30 caliber carbine was proven to be ineffective or inadequate. Which is why the AR was brought out in .223 then 5.56. The AR platform seemed to be better in all aspects. It had it problems back then but today is has proven to be a good gun in accuracy.

· Registered
251 Posts
30-30? Great gun! I remember as a little boy my mother taking down some coyotes in her ranch. She was tired of them taking her chickens and some ducks. I still have that gun, mounted a scope on it, looks good. I hardly ever take it out. It just sits in my safe and it helps me remember some good times as a kid with my mom. 30-30 has some recoil, quite noticeable from mini-30 and mini-14. Much like the AK 7mm cartridge. Seems like everyone is into the semi-auto now a days. What do you guys think of the Ruger PC 9mm? Is this another great gun by Ruger? Will they be introducing it .45 ACP or maybe the 10mm any time soon?

· Registered
251 Posts
The .357 magnum in lever action is a good gun as well. Does anyone know if the .357 magnum will be introduced as a pump action or possibly semi auto.
I've heard of some Italian rifles made in .357 mag pump action.

· Registered
251 Posts
Bummer on that bad weather. Get well soon so you can enjoy that gun, pneumonia is not a good thing. Lots of vitamin C is very helpful. Stay warm.
Here in So California, it's been raining a lot and cold windy days. Our shooting ranges have diminished to just about none. Unless you want an in door range. We have the worst gun laws ever. We have to register our ammo, just as if buying a gun. Many shooting ranges have closed or adjusted their hours.

· Registered
251 Posts
Your gun is very good on accuracy.
Maybe you can contact Ruger about your 10 rnd magazines and get a replacement. At the very least they can inspect them for flaws from their manufacturing process. It maybe as simple as a spring adjustment

1 - 7 of 7 Posts