Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum and joined to get info and see what new may be going on in the industry. I love my Rugers and own a number of them including: SR556TD, SR762, Super Redhawk 480, Super Blaclhawk Bisley in 454 (want to match that with the 480 and get rid of the SRH 480), SP101 and a Mark II 22 with bull barrel. I plan on continually adding more Rugers for their reliability and ability to take serious abuse.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Welcome to RT. You do have a nice collection of Rugers. We like pics here.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Welcome to Rugertalk,

I'd say your a Ruger fan.

Jim

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Welcome to RugerTalk! :welcome:

·
Premium Member
1,482 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What are the details on that SRH?
I bought it new in '04/'05. It's chambered in 480 with a 9.5" barrel and has about 100 rounds through it. I bought it to do some black bear hunting and went once but never got the opportunity later---work got in the way. Wish I would have got the 7.5" barrel instead but the longer barrel pushes the bullet a little faster and ofcourse accuracy goes up too. I think the 480 makes a great hog round too. When and if they make their way up here I'll have to go on a hog shoot.

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
An interesting gun, Squint. That extra 2 inches is probably extra - but it ain't useless. I know of a couple members who might spend some idle time kicked back and thinking about that SBH.

The climate is changing. Those hogs will make it to Pennsylvania. We even have a few in valley bottoms here in Vermont, but they are crosses with European Boar that broke out of Corbin Park. Feral pigs apparently need training to find food under the winter snow; the European breed from "The Park" can show them that, and other things.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts