Hello from the Bluegrass State

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by CD74, Jan 31, 2017.

1. CD74

CD74 New Member

Hello my name is Carl. Kinda new to shooting been around guns a lot just didn't get into it like I have in the past 6 months. I shoot and carry SR40C fixing to get a SR22 and maybe a LCR357. My wife I think is fixing to get a SR9C and SR22. I joined to learn more and to hear others opinions and experiences.

2. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

Welcome to the forum!

Lots of good people and info round here......

3. 1ifbyland

1ifbyland New Member

Hi, welcome, i just signed up too! I have the LCR .357. Nice carry gun! Its pretty brutal with .357 rounds. But very nice with .38 ! Its definitely a keeper!

4. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Hi Carl. I'm carrying an SR40c nowadays too. Cold weather clothing makes it concealable in a belt holster, and it's easier to get to than an LCR in a pocket. I like 1if's LCR carry holster for under a loose Tee shirt.

5. gumpy

gumpy New Member

Welcome from Hollywood Alabama! I carry a SR45, and my wife carries an lc9s. I'm kinda partial to Rugers and Marlins.

6. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum.
    I have an sr40c, LCR357, MKIV 22 and the sr22. The sr40c used to be my main carry but the LCR has taken that position since getting it. The LCR has the best trigger action of any revolver I have ever experienced shooting. It fits easily in my front pocket and light enough I forget its even there.
    If a person is going to carry a 22 then my choice would be the sr22 because of its size and weight. I believe the sr22 is possibly the most dependable compact 22 semi auto on the market today.
    I have the sr40c and a friend has the sr9c. To me and my friends surprise the 40c wasn't that big of a recoil or snap difference over the sr9c. I imagine your wife would probably like the 9 better though. BTW I chose the sr40c over a Glock G27 and an XDM 40c. The Ruger tamed the recoil better and IMO the trigger was better than the other two also. I sold the G27 and the XDM.
    Like any gun what is a peach to one person could be a prune to another. To each his/her own likes/dislikes.

7. CD74

CD74 New Member

Thank you everyone for the welcomings and your experiences. I'm really thinking about the LCR357 for carrying. I'm gonna see if range has one I can try. I shot a LCR22 and liked it pretty well. I want the SR22 for range shooting. Its a hell of a lot cheaper to shoot it then it is the .40 or 9mm. Thank you again everyone and glad to be on board.

8. spikedriver

spikedriver Active Member

Welcome to RT. I carry an LC9s, generally in my pocket, or inside a coat. I love the SR guns though, I've shot the SR9c a lot and it's one of the best.

9. Oldhand

Oldhand AKA Rawhidekid! Lifetime Supporter

Welcome from Tucson, Az. 9mm from Wal-Mart is cheaper than 22lr here in Az. If 22lr is cheaper there then you have it made.:D

10. ifithitu

ifithitu Well-Known Member

Howdy and welcome from Derby City,Go Cards!!!

11. CD74

CD74 New Member

You misspelled CATS lol. We're a cats house but I root for the cards too. Except when playing the cats. But cards got the best of cats this year in football and basketball.

12. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

Hi Carl,
    Welcome from Texas :tiphat:

:usa: