Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Dwhyz1
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all.
My name is Derwyn Hinton and I live in between Baton rouge and New Orleans, Louisiana. I have been a hunter and shooter for 50+ years and at the age of 61 I don't plan on quiting anytime soon. I have had several different makes and models through the years, revolvers and semi-autos alike. I have had a S&W for a few years and have been wanting to conceal carry so I started looking at smaller weapons. For Christmas I bought my wife a Ruger SR22 and I bought a Ruger LC9s for myself.
I am interested in any good info on both pistols I have mentioned, the LC9s & the SR22.

Glad to have found this site and have high hopes in learning much great info!!
Thanks, for having me, Derwyn:)

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Hi Derwyn. Welcome to RT. You will be exposed to much good info on a lot of stuff, and some info that invites application of a salt shaker - but is still good. Depends on how you look at it.

;)

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Welcome to RugerTalk,

Thanks for joining.

I dont own an LC9, But I own a SR22, and it is a great pistol,
My SR22 doesn't like Remington Thunderbolt ammo,

But I don't either....too much leading in the bore.
We do enjoy pics...:cool:

You will like talking to the folks here .

Jim

·
Registered
33 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Eastern Iowa!

·
Dwhyz1
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
WOW!!! The welcome response seems real! I have joined other forums for other reasons and never got the welcome committee like I have here!!! :):):)
Thank each and everyone of you! I really hope to learn much from this site. I just bought both of the pistols that I mentioned, LC9s & a SR22. I have shot both of them only a few rounds, many 30-40 each on Christmas @ my Mom-n-law's out in the country. Love them both. I have a Mossberg 715T that I bought to have fun with my grandson and we have really enjoyed it. This is a Mossberg 702 Plinkster that Mossberg wrapped with a plastic wrap that makes it look like an AR. I figured that would peak his interest in shooting, he is 12 this week.

In shooting the rifle I have bought anything I could get and @ Cabela's in town, that makes buying ammo easy and cheap. Now with the SR22 I now have to figure out what will cycle thru it and what wont. In reading I have seen conflicting answers from different users, so I figured that I will look at HIGH VOLICITY rounds to begin with. It seems that CCI has 3 different rounds that should work. Phideaux mentioned that his SR22 didn't like Remington Thunderbolt & I have heard elsewhere that their SR22 shot anything he threw at it. But I can't see where I can go wrong using high volicity bullets.

Any comments on this? Sending a Pic of both Pistols, but will have to log onto phone first so...catch me in a bit. Dwhyz1

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Welcome aboard and you have two very good Rugers. I have the SR22 and it mostly has shot anything I feed it which is the cheapest 22 ammo I can find. I think I have had a couple failures to feed but a couple isn't bad. Well it can be depending on situation, but I don't carry it for SD. As far as that goes I have had many semi autos that had a failure of some kind.
I have even had failures in revolvers due to crappy ammo.
I would like to hear you and wife's shooting results with your new guns.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts