Hello from south Louisiana

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Dwhyz1, Dec 31, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Dwhyz1

Dwhyz1 Dwhyz1

Hi to all.
    My name is Derwyn Hinton and I live in between Baton rouge and New Orleans, Louisiana. I have been a hunter and shooter for 50+ years and at the age of 61 I don't plan on quiting anytime soon. I have had several different makes and models through the years, revolvers and semi-autos alike. I have had a S&W for a few years and have been wanting to conceal carry so I started looking at smaller weapons. For Christmas I bought my wife a Ruger SR22 and I bought a Ruger LC9s for myself.
    I am interested in any good info on both pistols I have mentioned, the LC9s & the SR22.

Glad to have found this site and have high hopes in learning much great info!!
    Thanks, for having me, Derwyn:)

2. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

We are super happy to have you joining our family! :) Welcome! Welcome! Welcome!

3. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Hi Derwyn. Welcome to RT. You will be exposed to much good info on a lot of stuff, and some info that invites application of a salt shaker - but is still good. Depends on how you look at it.

;)

4. MemphisJim1

MemphisJim1 New Member

Welcome aboard! You'll find this site a great source of information, tips and guidance.

5. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to RugerTalk,

Thanks for joining.

I dont own an LC9, But I own a SR22, and it is a great pistol,
    My SR22 doesn't like Remington Thunderbolt ammo,

[​IMG]

But I don't either....too much leading in the bore.
    We do enjoy pics...:cool:

You will like talking to the folks here .

Jim

6. havasu

havasu In the army now..

Welcome to the forum!

7. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to the R/T !!

8. LT2108

LT2108 Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Welcome to the forum!

9. smokier

smokier New Member

Welcome to the forum from Eastern Iowa!

10. Dwhyz1

Dwhyz1 Dwhyz1

WOW!!! The welcome response seems real! I have joined other forums for other reasons and never got the welcome committee like I have here!!! :):):)
    Thank each and everyone of you! I really hope to learn much from this site. I just bought both of the pistols that I mentioned, LC9s & a SR22. I have shot both of them only a few rounds, many 30-40 each on Christmas @ my Mom-n-law's out in the country. Love them both. I have a Mossberg 715T that I bought to have fun with my grandson and we have really enjoyed it. This is a Mossberg 702 Plinkster that Mossberg wrapped with a plastic wrap that makes it look like an AR. I figured that would peak his interest in shooting, he is 12 this week.

In shooting the rifle I have bought anything I could get and @ Cabela's in town, that makes buying ammo easy and cheap. Now with the SR22 I now have to figure out what will cycle thru it and what wont. In reading I have seen conflicting answers from different users, so I figured that I will look at HIGH VOLICITY rounds to begin with. It seems that CCI has 3 different rounds that should work. Phideaux mentioned that his SR22 didn't like Remington Thunderbolt & I have heard elsewhere that their SR22 shot anything he threw at it. But I can't see where I can go wrong using high volicity bullets.

Any comments on this? Sending a Pic of both Pistols, but will have to log onto phone first so...catch me in a bit. Dwhyz1

11. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard and you have two very good Rugers. I have the SR22 and it mostly has shot anything I feed it which is the cheapest 22 ammo I can find. I think I have had a couple failures to feed but a couple isn't bad. Well it can be depending on situation, but I don't carry it for SD. As far as that goes I have had many semi autos that had a failure of some kind.
    I have even had failures in revolvers due to crappy ammo.
    I would like to hear you and wife's shooting results with your new guns.