Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Glad to be part of the forum!
I thought I was always gonna be a Glock guy for life....that is until a friend put his SP101 snubby in my hand....
I am picking up in the gun community that revolvers for CCW are making a comeback.
So... I took the leap,bought an SP101 ...and love it!
I chose the 3 inch barrel since it seemed better balanced than the snubby version. I felt I could shoot it better and seemed to have less recoil...
Its great at the range....I need a little more time with it since I am so used to Glocks. I am hearing that others like modify with trigger jobs and different grips...
So....that's why I am here. Looking forward to hearing the experiences of other revolver lovers while I learn to handle my new toy!

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Welcome to RugerTalk,

Thanks for joining.

That SP101 is a magnificent handgun.
Enjoy.

Jim

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Put some Hogue tamer grips on it and it will make a world of difference in felt recoil. Several here say a trigger job also makes big difference.
An Intro does wonders for new members. Welcome to the firing line.

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
Welcome to the Ruger forum. I hope you enjoy your time here meeting new people and jumping into our discussions. We have a lively group and all of them are great people.
From the Valley of the sizzling sun, Az

Tommy

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Welcome. I second Tommy's sentiments. I hope you keep us informed about you SP101-as-CCW experience; I don't own one (yet) but do own a S&W Model 10 3", so your info would be relevant.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Glad to be part of the forum!
I thought I was always gonna be a Glock guy for life....that is until a friend put his SP101 snubby in my hand....
I am picking up in the gun community that revolvers for CCW are making a comeback.
So... I took the leap,bought an SP101 ...and love it!
I chose the 3 inch barrel since it seemed better balanced than the snubby version. I felt I could shoot it better and seemed to have less recoil...
Its great at the range....I need a little more time with it since I am so used to Glocks. I am hearing that others like modify with trigger jobs and different grips...
So....that's why I am here. Looking forward to hearing the experiences of other revolver lovers while I learn to handle my new toy!
Welcome from Texas!
I can tell you first hand that your Glocks and Rugers can coexist quite well in the same gun safe. :) The SP101 is a great gun!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts