Hello from Iowa

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by RCMster, Jun 5, 2017.

1. RCMster

RCMster New Member

Hello everybody. RCMSTER here, and new member. I guess I'm a ruger 77 fan. Currently shoot 5 different calibers in 77. 257 roberts, 264 win mag, 300 and 338 rcm, and a 375 ruger.

I'm a plain Joe factory worker, as well as retired 4 years ago from the military. I did 10 years active duty, then 13 years in the reserves, to include 3 trips to the desert, in 1991, 2004, and again in 2009. I was given the choice in 2012 to either deploy again or retire. I took the latter.

I live out in the country, and have my own rifle range where I can shoot out to about 500 yards, and it seems that's where most of my money goes. LOL. Bullets, primers, and powder, although, once in a great while, I have to take my wife and daughters (when they get home) out for supper. Have to at least make an attempt to keep them happy.

Guess that's about all I have for now. Guess it's time to jump in the saddle and go for a ride.

2. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

Welcome to RugerTalk! :welcome:

Thank you for your service

3. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Welcome to RT. I'm jealous of that range. Hard to find that much room in VT.

4. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

Welcome from Texas,
    Glad to have you :tiphat:

.:usa:

5. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Welcome to RT forum and it is nice having an at home shooting range. Glad to have you here and jump right in and make yourself at home here. You don't even have to take us out for dinner. Maybe show and tell would be appreciated though. Nothing like eye candy.

6. RCMster

RCMster New Member

Thanks everybody. Nice to have a forum to go to where everybody's on the same page. If I can figure out how to post pics, I'll try to send a pic of my 264. I've done alot of work to all my 77's, but my 264 wears a pretty nice Mcmillan stock and a vortex pst scope, so I guess that's my investment. I've got a Mcmillan stock ordered for my 375, but it won't be shipped for another 3-4 months. I guess just in time for hunting season.

7. gumpy

gumpy New Member

Welcome to the forum from Hollywood Alabama. Three trips to the sandbox! Thank you sir. As previously posted, we love pictures! Enjoy yourself here.

8. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Welcome to the forum from a fellow ex-Iowan (corn cob). I used to live in NW Iowa but moved to Az a number of years ago.
    Thanks for joining and hope you enjoy your time here.

Tommy from Az.

9. spikedriver

spikedriver Active Member

Hey RCM, central Iowa here. I'd love to see pics of that .264, A friend of mine hunts coyotes with a .264. He loves the extra downrange punch. Welcome to RT, enjoy!

10. RCMster

RCMster New Member

Hey spikedriver, I'll try and post a pic this sunday. We're working so much overtime where I'm at, that I have about all I can handle through the week. Not sure where you're from in central iowa, but I'm from central iowa as well. Marshalltown is where I work. Live north of there a few miles.

11. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

Welcome to the forum!
    Thank you for your service!

12. Uncle_Louie

Uncle_Louie 1968 Ford Galaxie 500 XL

Welcome to the forum

Attached Files:

13. spikedriver

I grew up an hour northwest of Marshalltown but I live in the Ames/Boone area now. Used to hunt coyotes and other various vermin down towards you, around Union...

14. RCMster

RCMster New Member

Spikedriver, union is where I was born and raised, and where I still live. Probably always will, unless I can get my wife talked into retiring elsewhere. I'm thinking northern Missouri or Oklahoma, and she's thinking Kentucky. How that turns out, remains to be seen. LOL

15. paulruger

paulruger Active Member

Welcome from Texas!

16. SFC

SFC New Member

First Thanks for your Service and Commitment

Welcome from Arizona

17. spikedriver

18. Oldhand

Oldhand AKA Rawhidekid! Lifetime Supporter

Thanks for your service and welcome to the Forum.:cool: