Hello from Central PA

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by richr, Feb 29, 2016.

1. richr

richr Member

Been a Glock 22 shooter for about 10 years. I compete in a pistol club once a month when I'm not leading Boy Scouts or Coaching U11 lacrosse. Our club does some 3 gun shoots in which I've borrowed others' AR15s. Having shot the ARs enough to know that it is not the rifle for me, I've gone ahead and ordered a Mini 14 model 5846 from a local dealer. Should get it this week or next. It will be my first semi-auto rifle. I plan to add a vertical foregrip/bipod, sling and some kind of optic (still researching). After my wife settles down from this purchase, I'll probably convert my Remington 870 to tactical to complete my 3-gun setup.

2. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to RugerTalk,

Thanks for joining,

Enjoy the forum.

Jim

3. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

Welcome to a truly great forum! Have fun with it!

4. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum from Texas. Sounds like you have quite a bit of gun experience to talk about.

5. richr

richr Member

Mostly pistol, and hunting with various rifles and shotguns in my youth. But this will be the first auto-loading rifle I've every owned.

6. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to the R/T !!

....from SE Pennsylvania.

7. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Welcome richr. Looks like you have both experience and a plan. Um, you expect your wife to settle down, eh?

8. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

Welcome from the Texas coast near Houston.
    AR's are fun to shoot but not my kind of rifle ether. I admire my guns as much or more than I shoot em.
    The Mini 14 or possibly a plain old M1A is more to my liking. Maybe someday.
    But, my 'someday' list is really long so....... :violin:

9. bikeride4fun

bikeride4fun NRA Benefactor Member

10. Oldhand

Oldhand AKA Rawhidekid! Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to the Forum from Tucson, Az, do you do any reloading? Just wondered as you seem to be going through a lot of ammo.:D

11. richr

richr Member

No reloading for me yet, though I may have to start. There's a guy in our club that started a business reloading pretty much all calibers and a lot of guys are buying from him. I'll probably start buying from him, too. Last thing I need right now is another hobby:D