Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been a Glock 22 shooter for about 10 years. I compete in a pistol club once a month when I'm not leading Boy Scouts or Coaching U11 lacrosse. Our club does some 3 gun shoots in which I've borrowed others' AR15s. Having shot the ARs enough to know that it is not the rifle for me, I've gone ahead and ordered a Mini 14 model 5846 from a local dealer. Should get it this week or next. It will be my first semi-auto rifle. I plan to add a vertical foregrip/bipod, sling and some kind of optic (still researching). After my wife settles down from this purchase, I'll probably convert my Remington 870 to tactical to complete my 3-gun setup.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Welcome to RugerTalk,

Thanks for joining,

Enjoy the forum.

Jim

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Welcome to a truly great forum! Have fun with it!

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Texas. Sounds like you have quite a bit of gun experience to talk about.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mostly pistol, and hunting with various rifles and shotguns in my youth. But this will be the first auto-loading rifle I've every owned.

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Welcome richr. Looks like you have both experience and a plan. Um, you expect your wife to settle down, eh?

·
Patriot
2,160 Posts
Welcome from the Texas coast near Houston.
AR's are fun to shoot but not my kind of rifle ether. I admire my guns as much or more than I shoot em.
The Mini 14 or possibly a plain old M1A is more to my liking. Maybe someday.
But, my 'someday' list is really long so....... :violin:

·
NRA Benefactor Member
1,345 Posts
Welcome to RT....

·
AKA Rawhidekid!
1,868 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from Tucson, Az, do you do any reloading? Just wondered as you seem to be going through a lot of ammo.:D

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No reloading for me yet, though I may have to start. There's a guy in our club that started a business reloading pretty much all calibers and a lot of guys are buying from him. I'll probably start buying from him, too. Last thing I need right now is another hobby:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts