Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
AKA Rawhidekid!
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum but owned Rugers for most of my life. Dad gave me a Ruger Bearcat when I was 10. I am 66 now and still like the. Rawhidekid is from my days in Cowboy Action Shooting.:)

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Welcome to RugerTalk,

Thanks for joining and the introduction..

I thought maybe Rowdy Yates might had some influence..;)

Jim

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
New to the forum but owned Rugers for most of my life. Dad gave me a Ruger Bearcat when I was 10. I am 66 now and still like the. Rawhidekid is from my days in Cowboy Action Shooting.:)
Ruger wasn't around when I was eleven, so Pa gave me a Krag. Glad he didn't wait.

The Arizonians here are a bunch of braggers - So now we get another'n.

;)

Welcome to RT. Chances are good you'll like it here.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Yeah....wait till Tommy gets a hold of his leg...:welcome:

Jim

·
Banned
558 Posts
Howdy from down south AZ. Wish I still had my .22 mag revolver from when I was that age., Your a little bit older than me. Tommy is the braggert round these parts but he has the guns to back it up.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Yup Tommy will be glad to have another to zone out with. Getting to be quite a few from the hot plate state. Have fun and add to the jabber about guns.
Tommy is our go to for reloading experience.

·
AKA Rawhidekid!
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome to the forum. Yup Tommy will be glad to have another to zone out with. Getting to be quite a few from the hot plate state. Have fun and add to the jabber about guns.
Tommy is our go to for reloading experience.
Glad to here that, I'm a reloader also.:Cooltu:

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
Jeeeeeez,

The way everybody talks about me you would think I could run for office or do some menial job. But I am soooooo glad to have another fellow Zonie
on the thread. We are kind of outnumbered here, but just so you know, Phideau, Buster, Bob and a few others talk a lot of noise, as if we are a bunch of outlaws. Ernie and I have to fight them off with a stick. BUT they are all good guys and gals and I know you will enjoy the forum. Welcome to RT and looking forward to visiting with you along with the others.

Tommy:duck:

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Ruger wasn't around when I was eleven, so Pa gave me a Krag. Glad he didn't wait.

The Arizonians here are a bunch of braggers - So now we get another'n.

;)

Welcome to RT. Chances are good you'll like it here.

So........let's see.......Ruger started up in 1949, so the "youngest" you could be is 78.

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
So........let's see.......Ruger started up in 1949, so the "youngest" you could be is 78.
Yep. First Ruger I ever saw was a .22 pistol (the Luger mimic). First time I had even heard of 'Ruger'. I think their only plant was in Connecticut then, and I figured they were competing with the Wolverine. Hah, that was a pistol.

That was awhile back, so my memories may be shmeered some.

·
AKA Rawhidekid!
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Back in 1959 when I got that Bearcat, my dad was into the fast draw craze. He gave me the gun, holster and placed a box of wooden matches on the back of my drawing hand. He said when I could draw cock and fire the Bearcat before the box hit the floor I would get bullets. Took a month.:cool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts