Hello from Australia

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Donbear, Mar 18, 2016.

1. Donbear

Donbear New Member

Hi there, It's a great page you have here. I have been shooting for around 30 years. All of my shooting is pest control as we have farms, rabbits, foxes, roo's and pigs. I have just filled in the paperwork to purchase a new rifle. Looking forward to my new Ruger 308 Scout.
    I have been shooting Ruger guns for quite a while and they are very popular here.

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

G'Day Mate...

Welcome to the R/T...!!

3. Donbear

Donbear New Member

I knew that was coming :)))

4. sirhc

sirhc New Member

Hi Donbear
    Please report on your own experience with the scout, I've been picking one up and looking down the barrel for 3 weeks at one of the local retailers.

Chris

5. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum and we like pics. That's not a knife..... now this here is a knife.

6. Donbear

Donbear New Member

Hi Chris, a mate of mine has one and loves it. I am going to shoot with it today. Will keep you posted. We are a little limited here as to which guns our Government will let be imported. The Scout is my choice for being compact and a 10 shot mag. Pigs here can be a little feisty!!

7. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to RugerTalk.

Glad to have a blote from down under.;):)

Rugers around the world...:cool:

say Hey to Mick Dundee for us...

:welcome:

Jim

8. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

Welcome to the forum mate! Jump on in!

9. Donbear

Donbear New Member

Here is a pic of my latest project. Just for fun I converted my 10/22 Target to this. Archangel 556 stock, one of the only stock types available in Australia. ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1458350604.376553.jpg

10. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

11. hodge

hodge New Member

Welcome! It is always cool to hear from others around the world.

12. sirhc

sirhc New Member

Lol, I know crazy gun control, I'm in Canada. I had a conversation with a lady from Australia last summer at a BBQ, she mentioned that Australia's laws are even more restricted than ours. Must be a Commonwealth thing.

Thanks
    Chris

13. Donbear

Donbear New Member

Hi Chris, I am fortunate being a farmer, it's lets me access a lot of guns that are unavailable to the general firearm users. If I apply for a certain category license I can still access guns like the SR762. For what I need at the moment the Scout will do. Apparently the news reports at the moment show that gun ownership in Australia is a high as ever.
    Donald.

14. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

:yahoo: Howdy, Welcome from Texas. :welcome:

15. sirhc

sirhc New Member

Wow, being an AR or variant would make an SR762 restricted in Canada. Only range use allowed, exactly like a handgun. The feds have no problem with my Browning Bar/FN Fnar, mini 14 or other semi autos but if it looks like a big bad AR 15 then it's restricted class. Lol, image is everything!

The Chinese type 81 just got unrestricted status due to its sks style operation. The Chinese are great at paperwork and loopholes. We seem to be flooded with Chinese military service guns with a new one being approved by the RCMP every few months but an AR is a safe Queen. Yes, I'm a little bitter... :)

Chris