Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, It's a great page you have here. I have been shooting for around 30 years. All of my shooting is pest control as we have farms, rabbits, foxes, roo's and pigs. I have just filled in the paperwork to purchase a new rifle. Looking forward to my new Ruger 308 Scout.
I have been shooting Ruger guns for quite a while and they are very popular here.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi Donbear
Please report on your own experience with the scout, I've been picking one up and looking down the barrel for 3 weeks at one of the local retailers.

Chris

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Welcome to the forum and we like pics. That's not a knife..... now this here is a knife.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Chris, a mate of mine has one and loves it. I am going to shoot with it today. Will keep you posted. We are a little limited here as to which guns our Government will let be imported. The Scout is my choice for being compact and a 10 shot mag. Pigs here can be a little feisty!!

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Welcome to RugerTalk.

Glad to have a blote from down under.;):)

Rugers around the world...:cool:

say Hey to **** Dundee for us...

:welcome:

Jim

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Welcome to the forum mate! Jump on in!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Welcome! It is always cool to hear from others around the world.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi Chris, a mate of mine has one and loves it. I am going to shoot with it today. Will keep you posted. We are a little limited here as to which guns our Government will let be imported. The Scout is my choice for being compact and a 10 shot mag. Pigs here can be a little feisty!!
Lol, I know crazy gun control, I'm in Canada. I had a conversation with a lady from Australia last summer at a BBQ, she mentioned that Australia's laws are even more restricted than ours. Must be a Commonwealth thing.

Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Chris, I am fortunate being a farmer, it's lets me access a lot of guns that are unavailable to the general firearm users. If I apply for a certain category license I can still access guns like the SR762. For what I need at the moment the Scout will do. Apparently the news reports at the moment show that gun ownership in Australia is a high as ever.
Donald.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi Chris, I am fortunate being a farmer, it's lets me access a lot of guns that are unavailable to the general firearm users. If I apply for a certain category license I can still access guns like the SR762. For what I need at the moment the Scout will do. Apparently the news reports at the moment show that gun ownership in Australia is a high as ever.
Donald.
Wow, being an AR or variant would make an SR762 restricted in Canada. Only range use allowed, exactly like a handgun. The feds have no problem with my Browning Bar/FN Fnar, mini 14 or other semi autos but if it looks like a big bad AR 15 then it's restricted class. Lol, image is everything!

The Chinese type 81 just got unrestricted status due to its sks style operation. The Chinese are great at paperwork and loopholes. We seem to be flooded with Chinese military service guns with a new one being approved by the RCMP every few months but an AR is a safe Queen. Yes, I'm a little bitter... :)

Chris

1 - 15 of 15 Posts