Hello from Alaska!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Shoot_AK, Dec 4, 2016.

1. Shoot_AK

Shoot_AK New Member

Joining you from Alaska! I love the 10/22 as a fun gun to build, plink with and collect unique versions. I have been shooting the Steel Challenge for about almost a year and a half with a 10/22 and a Browning Buckmark and I am addicted. I have a good friend I do almost all my shooting with and starting to reload for the first time as well. Currently building an AR to start 3 gun in the spring. I found the forum to try to get some info about a 10/22 forsale locally that I have never seen before, and is still a mystery to me.

Theres my poorly put together introductory paragraph for ya :Cooltu:

2. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

Welcome! What're the temperatures like up in Alaska right now? I'm gonna be up on the mountain tomorrow with a low of 9...........

3. Shoot_AK

Shoot_AK New Member

The Steel Challenge today was -1*. Thank god for my thermals and propane heaters!

My local Cabelas has whatever the coldest rating of their thermal fleece gear is in the bargain cave marked at 40$ a piece with the blue 50% off lowest price stickers as well. Got a top and bottom for $20 a piece, cant beat it!

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
  4. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to Rugertalk,

Thanks for the introduction and joining us.

Man I have Alaska on my bucket list to visit someday.

Jim

5. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

Burr that's cold!

6. Oldhand

Oldhand AKA Rawhidekid! Lifetime Supporter

Welcome aboard, one of my Grandmothers brothers lived in Alaska. Too cold for me.:D

7. havasu

havasu In the army now..

Welcome to the forum. I've been to that state 4-5 times and can't wait to go back!

8. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Welcome, Alaskan. You are shooting, having fun, and (I'm assuming) covering your ears against both cold and noise. Cheers.

I served a year in Thule Greenland (well above the Artic Circle) a few (well OK a lot of) years ago. The coldest it got was -38° F. I had experienced -45°F on Main St. in my home town in Vermont.

9. Uncle_Louie

Uncle_Louie 1968 Ford Galaxie 500 XL

Welcome to the forum from Connecticut

Attached Files:

10. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

Welcome from Texas. :tiphat:
    Most of us that have never been to your state dream about going someday.
    I'm one of those.

Glad to have you, looking forward to reading your posts.

:GadsdenFlag:

11. silveradoman59

silveradoman59 Member

Welcome to the forum from Illinois. I've been in -25* weather before in South Korea, and I'm not interested in visiting AK, I want to move there. Wife won't go, so I'm stuck, it's too cold for her.

12. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Welcome to our forum. I have always wanted to go to your state and fish for grayling however age and lack of money have dashed those dreams. But that doesn't mean I still can't dream. You live in a wonderful state except for the mosquitoes.

From the land of the sizzling sun- Arizona

Tommy

13. FourEyes45

FourEyes45 New Member

WELCOME from Bama

14. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

Welcome to the forum! Happy you've joined us!