Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Joining you from Alaska! I love the 10/22 as a fun gun to build, plink with and collect unique versions. I have been shooting the Steel Challenge for about almost a year and a half with a 10/22 and a Browning Buckmark and I am addicted. I have a good friend I do almost all my shooting with and starting to reload for the first time as well. Currently building an AR to start 3 gun in the spring. I found the forum to try to get some info about a 10/22 forsale locally that I have never seen before, and is still a mystery to me.

Theres my poorly put together introductory paragraph for ya :Cooltu:

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Welcome! What're the temperatures like up in Alaska right now? I'm gonna be up on the mountain tomorrow with a low of 9...........

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Welcome! What're the temperatures like up in Alaska right now? I'm gonna be up on the mountain tomorrow with a low of 9...........
The Steel Challenge today was -1*. Thank god for my thermals and propane heaters!

My local Cabelas has whatever the coldest rating of their thermal fleece gear is in the bargain cave marked at 40$ a piece with the blue 50% off lowest price stickers as well. Got a top and bottom for $20 a piece, cant beat it!

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Welcome to Rugertalk,

Thanks for the introduction and joining us.

Man I have Alaska on my bucket list to visit someday.

Jim

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
The Steel Challenge today was -1*. Thank god for my thermals and propane heaters!

My local Cabelas has whatever the coldest rating of their thermal fleece gear is in the bargain cave marked at 40$ a piece with the blue 50% off lowest price stickers as well. Got a top and bottom for $20 a piece, cant beat it!

Burr that's cold!

·
AKA Rawhidekid!
1,868 Posts
Welcome aboard, one of my Grandmothers brothers lived in Alaska. Too cold for me.:D

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Welcome, Alaskan. You are shooting, having fun, and (I'm assuming) covering your ears against both cold and noise. Cheers.

I served a year in Thule Greenland (well above the Artic Circle) a few (well OK a lot of) years ago. The coldest it got was -38° F. I had experienced -45°F on Main St. in my home town in Vermont.

·
Patriot
2,160 Posts
Welcome from Texas. :tiphat:
Most of us that have never been to your state dream about going someday.
I'm one of those.

Glad to have you, looking forward to reading your posts.

:GadsdenFlag:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Illinois. I've been in -25* weather before in South Korea, and I'm not interested in visiting AK, I want to move there. Wife won't go, so I'm stuck, it's too cold for her.

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
Welcome to our forum. I have always wanted to go to your state and fish for grayling however age and lack of money have dashed those dreams. But that doesn't mean I still can't dream. You live in a wonderful state except for the mosquitoes.

From the land of the sizzling sun- Arizona

Tommy

1 - 14 of 14 Posts