Hello All

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by DRMC, Mar 17, 2017.

1. DRMC

DRMC New Member

I am looking forward to chatting with you all about Ruger guns ....this is great. I have more than several Rugers. My interest is single action revolvers and especially big bore custom conversion Blackhawks and Vaquero's. I'm bout to retire and spend some quality time shooting and collecting them. Regards David

2. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Hi David; welcome to RT - though when you've had time for half a dozen posts You must know already to beware of Tommy. I bought my first Blackhawk sometime in the late 70s. It's been shot just a tad loose, but still puts all the lead downrange.

3. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

Welcome to the forum!

:welcome:

4. DRMC

DRMC New Member

5. Oldhand

Oldhand AKA Rawhidekid! Lifetime Supporter

Welcome from Tucson, Az. Been shooting Rugers since I was 10 years old. Except when overseas, have always had at lest one.

6. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Welcome to RT. We like pics for show and tell.

7. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to the forum,,

Jim

8. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

Hello and Welcome David, I'm also a fan of single actions.
    I've traded, sold, and bought several thru the years.
    Here's my favorite I bought new in the 70's. (.357 mag). It's a keeper as is my Single Six .22LR/Mag.
    (Those are the only two I own at this time, planing to fix that as soon as possible). :D

Attached Files:

9. DRMC

DRMC New Member

You do need to fix that?(he-he) I like the 2-tone on your gun. I have several now. I'm wanting a new bisley Blackhawks 480 Ruger and 454 Casull.

10. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

Thanks, I shot that .357 so much in our Texas heat that most of the finish wore off the grip frame.
    I paid a guy to remove the bluing (black) from the alloy parts planing to polish them but when I saw the bare aluminum I liked it as is.
    Found some like new stocks on eBay for $25 and I had a 'new' gun. ;)

My next Blackhawk will be a stainless .357 w/extra 9mm cylinder, 4.5/8" barrel... Someday.

11. DRMC

DRMC New Member

Thanks for the welcome. I appreciate your experience!

12. 67stingray

67stingray Member

Welcome to Ruger Talk - the place to be.

13. DRMC

DRMC New Member

Thanks, I'm having fun

14. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Welcome David! Please excuse me for being a little remiss in not immediately recognize one of our new members. We always enjoy have a new member join. As for Bob (VT), just don't pay any attention to what he says. He tends to over blow any situation and is the trouble maker on our thread. I am just a humble and simple man while he is known as the champion "leg yanker"!!

All I can presently say is: Just okay for you Bob, just okay for you!! Your turn in the barrel (and not gun barrel) is a coming so beware!! Ain't gonna tell you what will happen cuz that would spoil the fun but just remember: Okay for you!!!!:D

Tommy from the egg cooking asphalt streets of Az.

15. DRMC

DRMC New Member

Thanks Tommy,

16. ifithitu

ifithitu Well-Known Member