Hawaii, just common sense

Discussion in 'Second Amendment and Legal' started by phideaux, Jun 26, 2016.

1. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

If this is "common sense" to register law abiding gun owners into a criminal watch database, why not register ALL people into this database?

If this law truly "does not hurt anyone" as the proponents say, then why not apply it to ANYONE? Everybody goes into the criminal watch database. No exceptions. Does that not make MORE "common sense" to the proponents? If not, why not?

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-hawaii-gun-law-idUSKCN0ZA3IP

Jim

2. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

This action has already made the database useless for its stated purpose. Putting non-gunowners in it would make it useless for its ulterior purpose (confiscation).

3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Common Sense My Arse...this is nothing but a means to an end...gun confiscation via registration via the "criminal watch" database.

Visited the Hawaiian Chain twice...beautiful Islands...VERY Anti-Gun...luckily I was on the job and had my P226...

People ain't gonna be safer...maybe just "feel" safer...and illusion is what it's all about !! :mad:

The idiots will realize their folly when it's too late...

4. spikedriver

spikedriver Active Member

5. phideaux

6. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

And yet another place I can't go cause......

"The law could affect gun owners outside Hawaii, because the state requires visitors carrying guns to register."
    "The Hawaii attorney general's office said a weapon-carrying visitor should be able to petition for removal from the national database after leaving the state."
    But wait. :rolleyes: You "should be able to petition". So, no problem. :sarcasm:

7. phideaux

You know why they did this ,,,,right?

They are afraid of them crazy Veterans, and right wingers.

Jim

8. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

Yeah, you crazy Veterans and us right wingers that know the truth....... and care about it!

9. nickndfl

nickndfl Active Member

On December 7th, 1941 sentiment toward guns was slightly different. How soon people forget.

10. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

I have to say that it's a sad state of affairs when you have to go through this. This is just another way of circumventing the constitution and leading up to cutting down the 2nd amendment. California (Gavin Newsom) who wants to become the new governor wants you to go through a check before you buy ammunition. Now that certainly makes sense doesn't it? How about if you are a reloader, do you have to have a bullet count, weight of powder and a reason for reloading? I hate to say this but Hawaii (where my decendents are all from) and California, need to sink in the Pacific Ocean. I have always wanted beachfront property in the Phoenix area anyway.

Tommy

11. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Unless the sinking comes without warning, the inhabitants will flock into Arizona, bringing their attitudes with them. The Valley of the Sun will become one large housing development. No place to shoot, no gun to do it with. My ancient Kamp-King knife (the blade and awl fold - shudder) will require a permit, which will in turn require evidence of need.

12. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

The 2nd is becoming less and less protection against infringement.
    They all seem to ignore that the Constitution is the Law of The Land. It doesn't say just law of the federal government.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2016
  13. MemphisJim1

MemphisJim1 New Member

You want beachfront property in Arizona? Probably more likely to happen nearer to Yuma than Phoenix. But, as has been noted, most of the SoCal survivors likely will migrate over, too. And they're likely to bring their values, attitudes and votes with them. As Oregonians and Washingtonians said back in the '70s and '80s, "There goes the neighborhood." Matter of fact, most of the West seems to be infected with Californication (witness Colorado).

14. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

This country IS the Land Of The Free...Because of the BRAVE ( and their GUNS !! )