Have we learned

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion' started by buster40c, Feb 10, 2016.

1. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Have we learned anything from past great thinkers? Apparently not.
    "If you do not take an interest in the affairs of your government, then you are
    doomed to live under the rule of fools." – Plato

2. uniongap

uniongap New Member

We have been doomed already, can't you tell. The silent majority have stayed silent too long. We have a chance to turn it around this election though. I just can not imagine this country going so far left with Bernie. It does say something about our young people. To me it says that the values that a 2 parent family instilling moral values fell apart to a single parent that is gone all the time working is where most of it went down hill. No one cares now if they marry, and lots of them don't care for free speech= if it hurts them, makes them want to go to their safe place. What a crock!

3. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Glenn,

I have to agree with you. Today's youngster no longer have to nor want to obey the rules and their theory is we "OWE" them without taking any responsibility for their actions. Sanders has made it this far because he is promising everything for free. I hate to be the bearers of bad news for these kids, but there is no such thing as a free lunch. Political correctness has run amok and this is what our teachers are preaching in the classrooms. If you differ with them they will shout you down which has run against your 1st amendment rights. I have stated this before, but the dinosaur age is not yet over as we are the dinosaurs and I am glad that I won't be around for a whole lot of years. It will take years for future POTUS's to straighten out the mess that Obama has gotten us into and for the next 3-4 presidents, they are going to have their hands full. I pray to God it's not Hildebeast nor do I want to feel the "Bern".

Tommy

4. uniongap

uniongap New Member

Can we get an Amen and maybe a couple of Hail Mary's!