Has anyone used this sight on their 10/22?

Discussion in 'Ruger 10/22' started by togterry, Jul 28, 2014.

1. togterry

togterry New Member

2. weblance

weblance New Member

Not on a 10/22, but I do have one, and had it on a Beretta Neos.

Its an interesting sight, and I think it would be better on a rifle, because the sight would be closer to your eye. When mounted on a pistol, and held at arms length, the image the sight produces is smaller than if mounted on a rifle. It also magnifies the shaking that your hand produces.

Another thing I dont like is that the mounting screws come down through the body of the sight, and into your rail, at a 90 degree angle. It doesnt clamp to the rail like a normal Pic mount does. This leaves marks on the rail from where the screws jam into the mount to lift the sight body up.

Its an expensive sight, but is very high quality. If you do your research, and like what you find out, I think on a 10/22 it would work well. Just keep in mind, it will leave marks on your rail. If that doesnt bother you, then give it a try. I will watch this thread for a response, and will try to answer questions if you need.

3. togterry

togterry New Member

Thanks Weblance. I am leaning towards getting the Tech Sight 100 series peep sight or the Williams. Will make the decision soon and let you know.

4. weblance

weblance New Member

5. togterry

togterry New Member

Hi Weblance - I am going with iron sights. It is my first rifle/gun and I think it would be best to learn with irons. Now I need to decide between the TSR100 or the TSR200 from Tech Sights. I am searching the forums for recommendations etc. What do you think? Any experience with them?

6. togterry

togterry New Member

Got the Tech Sights mounted this weekend. They are great. Very happy with the choice.