Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was at the LGS/Range for my bi-weekly theropy session and the owner says "Hey, we got a used SR1911, you want to see it?" I swear those guys can smell the money in my pocket! And how did those guys know that my range bag was full of 230g FMJ's and 200g LSWC's? OK, I'll look. Nice gun, no box for five bills. I took it. Not quite the trigger of my Gold Cup but still nice. I think I got a pretty good shooter.

Five shot groups. Orange dots are 1.5". Not too bad for a blind ol' fart.

·
NRA Benefactor Member
1,345 Posts
Great shooting......love the SR1911.....

·
Registered
20 Posts
My SR1911 shot the same way right out of the box. The Ruger SR1911 improves the marksmanship of anyone that fires it.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Good looking 1911 and good price also. It looks like new.

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
When I first got my SR1911 I was really surprised on how well it fit my hand and how good the trigger action is. I didn't have to adjust the sights and it was accurate out of the box. I gave it a good cleaning and headed to the range. Recoil is mild using 230gr. Remingtons and I have ran about 300 rounds of reloads, both alloy and 230gr round nose through it. Only problem I can foresee is that I run out of rounds fast!! I can't keep my finger off the trigger and the next thing I know, I am back at the loading bench. Oh, forgot to say, I use a single stage Herter's reloader and it does take time. May have to change my 9mm Dillon over to a .45 cal.
Tommy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts