Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the Security 9 Compact to a PA state outdoor pistol shooting range today. Arrived at 9:30 AM expecting to see every lane taken. Low and behold, I could not believe my eyes. I was the only shooter there. I had my pick of lanes. I set up four 15 round magazines loaded with American Eagle 9mm 124gr FMJ. Since I was the in,y one there I decided to shoot more than expected. I had intended to shoot 100 rounds but instead I shot 200 that would bring my toast rounds fired to 1500. Everything went flawlessly until I switched to Federal 124 gr HST JHP. I like to check the gun for functionality shooting JHP occasionally just to be sure all is well.

So I am 15 rounds away from 1500 and I fire off ten of the rounds. Then I pause to give mu arthritic hands a rest. The range is dead quiet. I take my stance and sight on the target. I am pulling the trigger when I hear a awfully loud boom from the rifle range, adjacent to the pistol range. It startled me. Next round is a failure to fully feed. Most likely because I got a bit limp-wristed. That was the first failure of any kind I had with the pistol. Now I am certain I screwed up not the gun.

Now here the bummer. I was planning to post here to say I hit 1500 round with the pistol without a single failure of any kind. But, now I can’t. Bragging point ruined by being startled.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts