Had a threesome

Discussion in 'Range Reports' started by buster40c, Jul 31, 2019.

1. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Did that get your attention?
    I had my S&W M&P 38spl 5" revolver out last night and I thought I would do some target shooting the next day. It had been a long time since I had shot it.
    So this evening clouds rolled in with strong winds and cooled it down a bit. Had a few drops of rain but I thought I would shoot between the drops. So I set up the paper target and painted a circle with a dot in it. I was shooting 38spl wadcutters standing free handed from 10 yards out. I had adjusted the tension spring screw out a bit to get a lighter trigger and that was one reason I wanted to shoot it. I wanted to see if the gun had any light strikes from backing out the screw just a little bit.

The gun had no malfunction and I was happy with how accurate the gun was with me shooting it. I was shooting mostly a 4" to 6" pattern with also making a big ragged hole with many shots. I shot a box of 50. I was well pleased with the gun and my shooting with it.
    I figured I wasn't ready to call it quits so I went and got my LCR 357 out for some more fun shooting. It had been a long time since I was target shooting with it. I used the same 38 spl ammo. It took me a few zingers before I was able to get a 4" pattern. A year earlier I had changed the front sight out to a white dot night sight and I am not thrilled with it in the least. I think I will be changing out the sight some time soon. All in all I was able to keep a decent center mass pattern. I shot a box of 50 with it also. That little 2" snubby is surprising once a person gets used to it.

I still wasn't ready to quit and I still had some daylight left to shoot. I got out my Colt Trooper MK-V which is a 6" barrel 357. This gun I was told might have only been factory test fired. I don't know if that was true but it is in excellent condition. LOL I thought about not shooting it and keeping it as a like new unfired collector piece but that thought got tossed when I just had to see what it was like shooting it.
    This gun is really accurate and it even made my shooting look good. I was putting holes touching holes with this gun. It has a good trigger action. I shot a box of 50 from this gun also. That 50 was fun and it went to fast.
    So there is the story of my threesome experience. RugerLCR.357 001.JPG colttrooperVbest 007.JPG sortlongactions 001.JPG

Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
    rugertoter and 1EyedTanker like this.
  2. Magnum.357

Magnum.357 Active Member

Your colt is beautiful.
    Good shooting whith the LCR.

3. rugertoter

rugertoter Active Member

Nice looking collection of wheel guns you got there! ;)