Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This Gunsmither 10/22 tool took all the "fear" out of removing the Ruger 10/22 bolt and re-inserting it, at least for me. The first time I removed the bolt and charging handle assembly it took me a long time to re-insert the bolt and charging handle assembly. It is just plain awkward. With this tool all the hassle goes away. I recommend it for anyone who owns a 10/22. This tool is also designed to help with replacing the extractor, for example when you replace the OEM extractor with the excellent VQ extractor.

Here is the product link. I liked this tool so much that I bought another one as a spare.
http://www.gunsmithertools.com/gunsmither-1022-bolt-bar/

·
NRA Benefactor Member
1,345 Posts
Interesting.....never seen this before......

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Thanks for the tip,
I think Ill get me one.

Jim

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Seriously guys. This tool has taken *all* of the fear/dread/hassle of getting the charging handle and bolt re-inserted into the action housing. Oh, I could get it done before I got this tool. Sometimes it was fairly easy, sometimes not. With this tool it is *always* easy to re-insert these assemblies. So now my bolt and action housings are **** and span.

·
Registered
407 Posts
just got mine....I had no idea these were made in my home state....

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've been thinking about getting a Volquartsen extractor. I think I'll get this tool before trying that job. Thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you own a 10/22 and want to clean it properly, you need to pay attention to the bolt. It can be a real pain to get it seated correctly. Joe Beary aka "gunsmither" invented a tool that makes it easy (and will save your finger tips and patience.) He's a gentleman to deal with.

·
Patriot
2,178 Posts
Never thought of installing the bolt like that. Thanks for the post.

I should be able to make one of those, although the price is quite reasonable so...........

·
Registered
40 Posts
Just ordered it

As a new owner of a 10/22 takedown .....Are there any other specialty tools for this rifle?

YouTube video on it

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvmWmsaRUQI[/ame]

·
Registered
61 Posts
Once you get used to doing it it's no problem for me. Or perhaps I developed a certain way of doing it easily & quickly.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I don't know why, but I've never had a problem removing and replacing the bolt in my 10/22, just followed the instructions and I'm not mechanically inclined. Been doing it since 1973... so guess I really don't need one .

If you want to spend money on specialty tools check out Brownells gun supply catalog, you can buy all the tools your checkbook can cover !
Gary

1 - 12 of 12 Posts