Gunshow Guns, Spring 2017

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Pancho_Villa, May 17, 2017.

1. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa Well-Known Member

These are just some pics and a little infor on guns I aquired during the spring trading season at the local gunshows. I may have posted on most of them, but I had no pics cause my camera crapped out. Well, guess what I found while cleaning out old clothes at my F in laws house. Found an o.k. digital that I didn't even know he had. He had several 35 mm cameras with all the lenses, but no one really wanted those. The old guy was 77 when he passed away 2 years ago and the damera had been there for a good while, cause he had been in a nursing ome for several years.

anyway, I got some pics done. They are mot real sharp. Might just be me or maybe a dirty lense. The F in law did clean his guns & cameras, but his idea pf cleaning would be to spit on it and wipe it with his shritail. So, a few pics I took. Ain't got no instructions with the camera, so we were kinda winging it.

A Taurus/Rossi Mod 972 stainless .357 mag, 6" pipe, 6 shot, red ramp front & rear adjustable. Much the same as a S&W K frame Mod 66. Speed loaders from K frame fit it.

[​IMG]

A Glock 27,, gen 4 in .40 S&W cal. Yeah, it almost has a grip, like 2 fingers. Got 2 mags, box. It's a bit shorter than my G23. Worked great. I got a G22 the same day,but swapped it off cause I had the G23 and the SW40VE clone also. Too many .40s but for 3 bills, I wasn't going to pass it up. Easier to hide, but still fat. And hard to hold on to.

[​IMG]

A Remington 700 BDLin .25-06. Redfield rings & bases. Simmons 3X9X40 on top. Gue worked and shot great. really didn't need it, but I really didn't need the G22. So I swapped it to a buddy for this one.

[​IMG]

Just a plain old Marlin Mod 25 in .33 S,L,LR. Hardwood stock, Weaver rings & Tasco 4X on it. So far, it has not been a great shooter with Fed bulk pack. Will be tring otehr brands in it soom. Just have not got to it. Shoud be a good shooter with the Micro Groove barrrel. Has a 7 round box mag, bolt action.

[​IMG]

A basket case Winchester Mod 1200 12 ga pump shotgun. Daughter got it froma buddy that needed a firing pn put in it. It's been broke for almost 20 years. and like new except for some light rust on the barrel. Well, yeah, it did need a fring pin, but the bolt, bolt carrier, carrier plate, and cam pin were also missing. Told the guy the parts & labor would be close to what a new Maverick 88 would be at Wally World. He said to just keep it then. Well, O.K. I already had a bolt, carrier, carrier plate, and cam pin in my junk from old repairs, No firng pin or extractor or springs. Gotta get those and maybe the bolt carrier cause the one I have has the mounting screw sheared off in it. Too [email protected] hard to drill out, hardened steel. Anyway, should make a good project.

[​IMG]

A model 1894 Marlin lever gun in .44 mag. This gun was totally stripped of finish by a gun trader that out bid me on it at a gunshow. However, he was not real good at putting finish back on and he broke the front barrel band while trying to get it off. Got a new one now too. Managed to get it back in a swap and some $ boot for me. Weaver base & rings & a 4X Simmons on top. Nice easy shooter with .44 spls. and also does well with my hand load for the old Super B. 44 mag.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 17, 2017
  2. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

ll take them 2 Marlins off yer hands..:)

Jim

3. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Pancho, that camera may take better pictures with out the flash, just good ambient light.

It's good that the Marlin lever feeds both 44 spl and magnum. Many of them don't.

4. Pancho_Villa

I'll probably be keepint them. For sure te .44 mg. They are getting few and far between here. Expensive too. And this is the first one I have owned that actually fired a group. I had 3 others that shot all over the paper at 50 yards. Well, the pizza box. This one has been able to do 2" at that distance so far. Maybe better with some tweaking of the handloads. I put alot of work into it too.

I did have one in .357 that was really accurate. It would consistantly hit a beer can size target at 100 yards with a variety of ammo. Shoulda kept it. But how many times have I said that.

5. Pancho_Villa

You may be right on the light. We were in a hurry when we took the pics and had no instructions to go by. I also hat to move too many of the settings cause I can no longer see the small symbols & words to change the settings. The pic of the Glock was great, but I did nothave any flash bounce back. Focus was really nice too. Probably will have to turn the long guns sideways and get more distance. Just too much depth of field on those shooting from one end to the other. Focus is o.k. up close, but gets fuzzy and dark further out. Gotta work with it and memorize the settings like I did with the old one.

I really didn't run any .44 spl rounds through the magazine of the .44. I only loaded one round at a time in hte mag and cycled it in to test fire it. So, I couldn't really say that the cartridge cut off worked right with the length of that round if I put more in the magazine. I will have to try it.