Guns of my Dreams

Discussion in 'Ruger Revolver Forums' started by ColdDuck, Oct 22, 2017.

1. ColdDuck

ColdDuck New Member

Well Ruger listened to me and now manufacture the gun, well guns, that I would design.
    Naturally I had to support that! Just back from picking them up this morning. :Cooltu:

I hope I figured out how to post a picture here, or this is for nothing. Well I'll hope for the best. It's my first shot (pun untended) so bear with me.

Feel free to post the Gun of Your Dreams, wished for or purchased. Only catch is you can never sell it, so choose carefully. I will have these for life, absolutely.

Attached Files:

2. ColdDuck

ColdDuck New Member

OK it may have been a bit of a tease. Here ya go.

Models 0475 and 8163. Ol' Chunky and his sidekick Blazer.

Attached Files:

3. ColdDuck

ColdDuck New Member

I have my first of what may be many questions for the wise and learned members here. I have a bit of an issue with one grip. It's a bit of a scatch on the grip. I'll attach a picture. Is it worth calling Ruger customer service over? I have only had it 2 hrs, but it does bug me. Replacement stag grips are not in the picture as I blew the budget and then some with the .327

Hey, off to work now. Thanks for looking
    Art

Attached Files:

4. Oldhand

Oldhand AKA Rawhidekid! Lifetime Supporter

I would contact customer service if new guns, couldn't hurt. Great looking guns here is one I have

Attached Files:

5. Oldhand

One on layaway, Colt 1917 99 years old;)

Attached Files:

6. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

There will be staying in my family for the rest of my life:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

I bought the mostly blued (black) Blackhawk back in the 70's... Never gonna part with it.
    The gun of my dreams at this time is the shiny one (w/extra 9mm cyl) that I don't own yet.

Both are .357s of course, my favorite caliber. :)

Attached Files:

8. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

This one I finally filled my dreams with....

S&W 460 magnum.jpg
    S&W 460.jpg

This is one I now dream of owning...

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5c8wHu28-0[/ame]

:cool::D

Jim

9. greg_r

greg_r Well-Known Member

Keep plugging. You will get the pretty convertable.

Wonder why Williams is so hard to deal with?

10. ColdDuck

ColdDuck New Member

>Oldhand that is a couple of nice classics. What caliber is your 3 screw? Has it been back to the factory or is it still as produced?
    >Savage I bet we think along similar lines. I like your pump 22. I hunt with a '06 pump. I always thought I would get a 999. I just never found a nice one for the right price.
    >Greg what a great story about your Grandpa. I can only imagine the connection you must feel having his revolver. I like you actually shoot it now and again.
    >Jim that is one heck of a S&W. 44 is as big as I have gone, but Chunky may have some hot loads in the future.
    >MagnumBlackhawk The 0475 (Chunky) is a convertible 45. I forgot to include the extra cylinder in the picture. I love the concept. I get 2 totally different shooters in one. Your current Blackhawk is very nice and looks like you have a bit of variety going on with your loads.

11. Oldhand

My three screw is an untouched 45 Colt. Ivory grips are an anniversary present from the wife.:cool:

12. ifithitu

ifithitu Well-Known Member

They are a beautiful pair of dream guns.

13. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

If I had the gun of my dreams, it would be my 44 Ruger Super Redhawk that was stolen out of my truck over 20 yrs. ago. I had the full length lug with Pachmayr custom grips and a 7" barrel. The only other one I would want would be a Colt Python, .357 with a 4" barrel. I have about 4 Pythons but wasn't smart enough back then to hold on to them.

Tommy

14. Oldhand

Greg_r, that is a nice 1917, you can shoot 45acp without clips, 1/2 moon clips, full moon clips or 45 auto rim. A good auto rim load is a 250 bullet over Unique powder. They claim it is fine in the 1917 and equals the 45LC. Don't forget they still make speed loaders for the auto rim cartridge.

spikedriver likes this.
  15. spikedriver

spikedriver Active Member

Ohhh, the Python...about 15 years ago I handled an Iowa State patrol issue Python. I was buying a shotgun from a widow and that Python was in the gun cabinet...I didn't even want to know how her husband had come into possession of it, because those guns were not put up for sale. Man what a gorgeous piece of steel that was...

mrmike7189 and Tommycourt like this.
  16. ifithitu

ifithitu Well-Known Member

Nice ,very nice