Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at a gun sales site and came across one seller having several like new guns for sale at way below market prices. I really wonder what to think about this seller. The old saying if it sounds to good to be true then it probably isn't. I think either this seller is a total idiot or he has some other reason for this ad. I think it is the latter and at any rate it appears it almost has to be bogus.
What is your thoughts about these prices?
Sig P226 LNIB $350- IMO should be around $600
FN-57 LNIB $500- IMO $700 more like its real minimum value
Beretta 92fs LNIB-$200 This is totally unreal price
Glock 17 LNIB $380 , Glock 22 only 20 rounds through it $415

·
Banned
475 Posts
I think I may have seen that ad.........................................it just can't be real. I smell something burning...............................

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
That seller may be attaching a different meaning to LNIB. Darned if I can think of one though; Large Nick In Barrel doesn't make much sense.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I also think it is a scam of some sort. 92FS for 200 or even Sig P226 for 350 is a give away IMO.

·
Registered
275 Posts
There are scams everywhere. A friend called me yesterday, all excited, about a truck for sale. 1999 Ford F250/powerstroke 4WD for $1500. Obviously, I told him to look out- the shoe is getting ready to drop. A bad engine, toasted transmission, something- at the time, a scam didn't enter my mind. Then, he emailed me the ad. It was clearly a scam, and a quick internet search on the name/email address showed that this ad has been used all over the US.
Anytime the price is stellar, I'm skeptical. I might be wrong, but chances are that it's bogus.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts