Guns and related accessories,you purchased this week.

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by ifithitu, Aug 30, 2019.

1. mrmike7189

mrmike7189 Member

It cleans up so easily compared to the blued Mini........I've had both and the stainless cleans up easier & in half the time which is bonus, plus it looks soooooooo good!

2. jmohme

jmohme Well-Known Member

Just ordered my brand new Black and Blue Shadow 2!

I had been holding out for one of the Shadow 2 single actions, but they wore me down and I ordered the double.
    I can always convert it later.

3. Fireman22

Fireman22 Active Member

Stopped by the LGS to see what's there and I walked out with a new-to-me S&W Governor. I know it's not a Ruger, but it's one more off my wish list. :D

Governor 1.jpg

It shows some minor wear and tear but at $300 below the cost of a new one, I'm happy. Hoping to clean it tomorrow and head to the range on Thursday for a proper introduction.

Joe Benedetto and Pancho_Villa like this.
  4. C. D. Bates

C. D. Bates Member

Squirrel season is just around the corner.

All ya need now, is an ankle holster.

Kewl score

5. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa Well-Known Member

Friend of mine bought one new a year ago. It was a really big gun. He brought it over to shoot it here. Worked great, but he was not impressed with the shot shell performance at longer ranges. I asked if he had expected to shoot clay birds with it?

6. C. D. Bates

C. D. Bates Member

Not really a trap gun. Skeet can be challenging, but fun.

I have not tried it, but have seen a couple that did.

7. Fireman22

Fireman22 Active Member

My daughter and I took the Governor to the range today for some quality father-daughter time. I only had one box of Long Colts (50) and a box of .410 small game rounds (25) but we had a blast (pun intended) peppering the paint on my hostage scenario reactive target.

3-12-20 range time (3).JPG
    What you see in the photo below is the result of the 50 Long Colts and only 12 of the .410s from about 15 yards.

3-12-20 range time (4).JPG

We took the rest of the shells to the trap field and tried them on clays. We discovered that the trap launcher throws them too far and too fast. However, by tossing the clays by hand like a Frisbee, we were able to connect often.

Glad I made this purchase but now I've got to decide on a holster.

8. allenr

allenr Member

I picked up a used, exclusive distributor edition, silver LCP II with 6 and 7 round magazines for $234. The pistol is a 9 out of 10.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
    Fireman22 likes this.
  9. Litehiker

Litehiker Member

I got a new Hunter holster for my "new" 1980 6" barreled RUGER Single Six that I bought in late Feb. this year. The Single Six looks right at home in the holster. A leather snap strap comes down over the rear of the trigger guard and nicely keeps it holstered.

Eric B.

mrmike7189 likes this.
  10. mrmike7189

mrmike7189 Member

download some photos of the new rig.....love to see them

11. paulruger

paulruger Active Member

A set of vintage Lachmiller 45/70 dies.

12. C. D. Bates

C. D. Bates Member

Picked up a 1969 Blackhawk with both LR and MRF cylinders.
    Had an old holster, I'll give to grandson and can use it at Cowboy Action, with me. Plus, 2 boxes each of LR and MRF.

He was trying to by a Hi-Point 9mm.
    Lucky me!

13. wsitgm

wsitgm New Member

Viridian laser for lcpii

14. paulruger

paulruger Active Member

10 pounds of Schutzen 2F black powder for my 45/70 Sharps rifles!

15. Carl Crosby

Carl Crosby Member

Nothing very exciting...An MTM Shooter's Box with free shipping from Midway:), and some .20 cal. felt pellets for cleaning my CZ, which is said to have a tighter bore than domestic .22s(?) That is my experience, too. I can use standard .22 pellets on my other rifles, but run into tightness troubles when trying to use them for the CZ. Also, a Brownell's Acraglas Gel kit, so I can try Cavedweller's (youtube) version of bedding for my 77-22 and the CZ.:)

16. RL Johnson

RL Johnson Active Member

Well I finally have something to add to what I bought this week. I have always been partial to stainless steel semiautomatics. I settled on a SAR 2000. New guns are almost impossible to find in local gun stores so this is what I found online.
    IMG_1399.jpg
    Took it straight to the gun range and it is a pleasure to shoot. Shooting slightly to the left, just need to drift the rear sight slightly and everything will be perfect. Shot about 70 rounds and no problems whatever.

mrmike7189 and Fireman22 like this.
  17. Litehiker

Litehiker Member

New acquisitions:
    1. stainless Tarus TRACKER-> .44 magnum (bought from buddy in February, barely used
    2. Winchester 94 W/ saddle ring-> .44 magnum being gifted to me, also barely used

So now I'll have that old "cowboy combo" of pistol and rifle in the same cartridge.
    BTW, STILL waiting on my RUGER 57!
    Eric B.

mrmike7189 likes this.
  18. mrmike7189

mrmike7189 Member

Photos? I especially would love to see that Winchester!

19. jmohme

jmohme Well-Known Member

I bought a CZ Shadow 2 earlier this year, and had considered adding on a thumb rest, but just can't bring myself to drill holes in the frame of my favorite semi auto.

A few weeks ago I stumbled across a thread on another forum about a replacement slide stop lever that incorporated a thumb rest into its design.
    There was some concern about it having an effect on the function of the slide stop lever, but I figured it was unlikely and worth a shot, so I ordered one. It works perfectly!
    IMG_1344.JPG
    IMG_1345.JPG
    IMG_1351.JPG
    IMG_1352.JPG

20. jmohme

jmohme Well-Known Member

Post #59 continued:

I took the CZ with the newly installed slide lock/thumb rest installed to the range a few times now and there is little doubt that it helps in handling recoil and faster target requisition. Noticeably tighter groups.
    The one relevant downside is that the serrations on the thumb rest are so aggressive that after 4 magazines, the thumb is so irritated that improved accuracy fades away quickly. This makes the rest all but useless.

Yesterday I took it back off and secured it in my machinist vise. I then filed off the serrations an reblued it. It feels much better now, but I will not call this a success until I can fire a few hundred rounds down range.

IMG_1393s.JPG

I had considered just adding some padding. Maybe a small patch of leather, but I figured it would make the thing too thick. Now that I have removed the serrations there is some room if I decide it is needed.