Guns and related accessories,you purchased this week.

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by ifithitu, Aug 30, 2019.

1. ifithitu

ifithitu Well-Known Member

I picked up a Sig p365 9mm, Concealment Express Holster, Maglula universal pistol mag loader,Federal 9mm Luger ammo. 69158091_2399837866761608_3147098150401998848_n.jpg 69259793_2392778254134236_7481519913631219712_n.jpg

Pancho_Villa likes this.
  2. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa Well-Known Member

Muy bueno compadre. NIice holste.

I just got some Fed Aluminum case ammo for plinking with the HIpoint carbine. Purt a used Simmons 4X32 on it today cause the red dot sight that was on it was invisible to me in the daylight. Anyway, got it on the gun and did a quick zero at 10 yards before I lost my daylight. Will be moving out to 50 yards with it this weekend.

ifithitu likes this.

3. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

I ordered 1000 rounds of 9mm. I got a good price even with freight at around .14 per round. That's better than what I paid before the Obozo shortage.

4. Pancho_Villa

Went grocery shopping outta town. After lunch, wife wnt to pick up some meds at the Wally World there. It is 40 miles from here. So, I had to go see if there was a run on their pistol and high-cap type rifle ammo due to the announcement that they would no longer be selling it.

Well, yeah. There was a line of people at the gun counter buying pistol ammo. There were people even buying guns which I had not seen for some time. Shelves with pisrol ammo were going bare. Most of the lower priced aluminum case Fed FMJ was gone. Mostly brass case FMJs andf Holly Points left. Wasn't going to buy any, but the wife said to get some on the credit card. Well, she didn't have to tell me twice. I was going to buy the aluminum case Fed stuff for blasting, but only .45 wasx left. So, I settled for that and brass case Remmy FMJs. Went ahead and got a bulk pack of Remmy Golden bullets as long as she was buying. Got 300 rounds of each of the 9 & .45. Didn't get any 40 cause I don't shoot a lot of it and I got several hundred rounds off a local guy recently that had bought too much during the Obami shotage for way too much. Gave him 10 bucks a box for it. Good Fed JHPs.

Salesperson told a customer that they would sell till the warehouses ran out and theb there would be no more. Whatever!!!!!!!!

5. paulruger

paulruger Active Member

I acquired a 95 Steyr, a Swedish Mauser and an1891 Argentine Mauser in a trade last week!

Pancho_Villa likes this.
  6. buster40c

Paul it seems you should have quite a collection of firearms now.

7. paulruger

paulruger Active Member

I have a few buster! I'm a succer for old military stuff!

8. Pancho_Villa

I don't do much with the old military rifles unless Iget them dirt cheap. The Nagant 91/30s and M44s were trading well before the supply dried up. Saw a few come in the show we hqe eon here in qugust. Guys were wanting 250 or more for them cause ''their ain't no more.'' I infoemed rhem that there were still a lot of them being brought into the shows and the low bucks guns will be the ones that sell.

Did see a few others come in. A Swedish ''straugt pull'' rifle, K31 IIRC. It was in good shape except for being ''Bubbahed'' a little. Fronrt end of stock was sporterized. Well done job, but not wortrh the 2 bills the owner wanted. I offered 75 for it. He walked.

Another guy with a near perfect Argerntine Mauser for 250. Told that man I would give him a bill for his wall hanger that no one made ammo for. He said he could live with 150. I couldn't. He walked.

And a dad and his kid with a 98 Turk Mauser in fair shape for 4 bills. Told the guy that 2 would be o.k. for a fair one that would clean up. He was wanrting what a nice one might go for. He walked.

Even saw a guy with a couple of ''Bubbahed'' 6.5 Carcanos for a bill each. Told him more like 50 for the pair. He came down to 50 for each, no less. I passed.

9. paulruger

paulruger Active Member

An Argentine mauser in near perfect condition for $250.00 is a good deal whether it's an 1891 or a 1909!

Pancho_Villa likes this.
  10. buster40c

Purchased 1000 44 spl. 165gr coated bullets and new Lee powder dispenser.
    I need to find the primers next. Online the freight and hazmat charges together cost more than the primers themselves cost.

11. Pancho_Villa

Went back to the Wally World where I got the ammo the other day. Pistol ammo was pretty well gone. Just some .40 and large boxes of .45 left. Large cal. revolver rounds were still there. All the .380, 9, snd 50 round boxes of .45 wwere gone. Lady at the counter was unsure if the warehouse was sending any more or shipping to other stores.

12. ifithitu

I have added some magazines and a new S&W .22 Victory pistol.

Pancho_Villa likes this.
  13. buster40c

I bought the Lee Auto Drum Powder Loader to replace the Lee disc loader.
    Bought 1000 pack of Winchester large pistol primers.
    Bought a 50 pack of WMR 22lr.

Pancho_Villa likes this.
  14. Pancho_Villa

infthitu,

Congrats on the new S&W Victory. Nice looking guns. Reminid me of the old High Standard Sport King & Colt Woodsman ptstols.

ifithitu likes this.
  15. paulruger

paulruger Active Member

Picked up an AK47, a 1939 DMW Luger and a 1913 Enfield from a local pawn shop.

16. RL Johnson

RL Johnson Active Member

Great find. Too bad you don’t post pictures.

17. ifithitu

Bought some CCI MAX-MAG TNT 22 WMR Jacketed Hollow Point 30gr, some Federal ammo Target grade performance .22 lr rifle rimfire cartridges 40gr.

18. ifithitu

I bought a Heritage Rough Rider SA Birdhead .22 lr/mag 4.75" barrel & Pietta SA .22 lr 5.5" barrel.

19. Pancho_Villa

S;pw weelemd at the gunshow, but not a total loss.

Scored a couple of Glock mags and some ammo off a guy. He had 300 rounds of commercial reloads and a G22 mag. the other mag held 22 rounds and fit in my G27, but stuck out quiete a bit. Guy had been trying to get 50 bucks for all of it. Considering the cost of Glock mas, it was worth it. but no buyers so far. He said he would sell me one mag and half the ammo for 30 bucks. I only offered 20. He walked around the show for a while longer and finally came back and gave up the 2 mags and half the ammo, all JHPs. 100_0130 (2).JPG
    Still slow at the show on Sunday. Lotta safe queens coming in that I could not afford. Finally had a few handguns and rifles that were more afforred able come in, but the owner were wanting to get full retail out of their stuff. There were not ebough ''Desperate Dans'' showing up yet. Kinda late, a guy came buy with a Savage Axis rifle in 7-08, Great caliber, but the gun is just kinda plain Jane. Scope was an old Weaver with a fine crosshair which I can't see well, and the scope caps were missing. Guy and his wife wanted 2 bills for it. Told him I only gave half the value for a like nw gun and the new gun price was 269. He said he knew that and he could live with 150. Told him more like 125 with the kinda old scope. He gave it up.

Came home with it and swapped out the scope for a take off scope wih a duplex reticlwe I xould see. Put the old scope on a ,22 and bofe sighted both. The Savage looked clean enough. Guy said he never fired it much cause he could not get it to focus. Guess he never found the quick focus adjustment on rhe scope, cause it worked for me.

Anyway, I bore sighted the Savage and took it out to a 30 yard check. The handload was a 1139 gr. Hornady ballistic tip at standared velocity. It was just about right on the Pancho El Cheapo pizza box target for a 100 yard zero. wih one shot. Will do some 100 yard checks next week.

100_0132 (2).JPG

100_0134 (2).JPG

Then there was the dad with 2 daughters and a grob bag of AR stuff. Some forends, buttstocks, a detachable carry handle with an A2 sight, anSKS metal gas tube cover, and a beater AR 30 round mag. He tried to swap it all to my son for 30 bucks worth of comic books. Son needed the cash not the parts. The girls wanted some comics, so Pancho El Cheapo offered 20 bucks for the AR stuff and the dad took it. The girls got some comics, son got some $, and I got some cheap parts.

100_0136 (3).JPG

Sorry, one too many pics.
    100_0130 (2).JPG

Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
    quirky likes this.
  20. quirky

quirky Active Member

Lol ! __ viva la Villa ..

Pancho_Villa likes this.