Gun shop to close over new regulations

Discussion in 'Second Amendment and Legal' started by MagBlackhawk, Sep 25, 2015.

1. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

Just read the news about San Francisco's last gun shop closing because of more anti-gun regulations.
    Now they want the shop to film the customer transactions and turn the videos in to the police every week.

Hope the folks at High Bridge Arms move to someplace that likes it when people do business and pay tax!
    It ain't like San Francisco could use the money or anything. :( Or the state for that matter.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/09/2...-to-close-over-new-regulations/?intcmp=hplnws

2. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

I hope the shop moves out of state or at least maybe the owner will leave commiefornia.

3. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Most of these info-to-the-police regs aren't specifically communist, or even Communist. They are trappings of a police state, which in this case is focusing on gun ownership. So far in history, individual freedom (remember the 'leftcoasters'?) and a police state haven't been able to coexist in the same jurisdiction. California may be stampeding from the former to the latter.

God help them

4. havasu

havasu In the army now..

I agree with the above, but understand what happens in Kommiefornia today will happen in your state tomorrow. That is guaranteed.

5. 6-Oclock

6-Oclock New Member

I'm thinking just because they "want," without a specific law or ordinance, as a business owner, he can say "no." This also is a breech of the laws concerning confideniality; the buyer/customer would have to sign a release form or verbally agree upon notification that they were being filmed. Again without a law/ ordinance on the state or local books, you don't have to comply simply because they "want", you to do it. If I was this shop owner, I'd have a "Pro-Gun" lawyer look into this "want."

6. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

They "want" by way of new city regulations.
    It's not a request.
    A business has to go by the regulations the city imposes or they fine you out of business. ........ All nice and legal.
    That's probably why this is the last gun shop in the city. (Crazy anti-gun regulations).

Get a pro-gun lawyer and fight em in court?
    The city can out spend any small or semi-small business they don't like until the business is out of business.

Check out the link provided.

7. 6-Oclock

6-Oclock New Member

Ah, so basically, if you buy a firearm from this shop, you either agree to being filmed or you don't get a firearm or ammo. All I can say is "WOW, not only did the anti-gun liberals win... so did the CRIMINAL ELEMENT!" I'm glad I live in a more rurally located city. The Seattle Mayor (3 1/2 hrs. from here), passed an extra tax, on top of the sales tax, on every new firearm and (can you believe it), EACH bullet. The Seattle City Counsel is being taken to court over it, as that is against the Washington State Constitution. Same mind set as 'Frisco.

8. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

I don't know the details of the regulation, not sure if the customer would even have to agree with the transaction being filmed.
    The shop is closing instead of submitting to it so......... That's that for that and the anti's get another win.

I've heard of the extra tax on guns and ammo in Seattle. I understand it's a nickle per round for ammo. Let's all hope it doesn't stand.

Magpul moved out of Colorado because of the 15 round magazine restriction.
    I think they went to Wyoming for manufacturing and distribution and Texas for their new headquarters. That's OK with us, we like new business.
    We call it the new "Rocky Mountain Too High Effect". :cheesy:

Truly, none of this is funny. Like havasu said, What happens in Kommiefornia will spread............

9. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

I agree to an extent of hiring a lawyer to fight this total discrimination of not being able to purchase a firearm. Problem is, first of all, the cost of a lawyer would be prohibitive and the idiots who run the "sanctuary city" will spend thousands of dollars to prove their point. If ammunition sales are no longer conducted there, then where will the police purchase ammo for safety and firearms practice. Secondly, if they have to order the ammo from out of state, shouldn't they be filmed also and have backgrounds checks done on the purchasing authority? The same law should apply to purchasing bullet proof vests and other protective gear if this man is no longer willing or able to have his merchandise available to the law enforcement people. I am going to take and "look and see" attitude and watch how much the gun violence from the gangs wither. If I were a resident, it would take a cold day in hell for me to turn over my weapons, and that will be the next request that the city will require. The 2nd amendment means nothing to the politics of city officials and whenever possible, others will be blamed for their downfall. Mark my words, this is just a start of the Obama administration and it will continue if Hilldebeast gets elected. I pray I am wrong, however I really doubt it.
    End of rant.

Tommy