gun owners need to pay

Discussion in 'Second Amendment and Legal' started by buster40c, Oct 1, 2015.

1. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

2. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Wait until tomorrow after we have just had this shooting in Oregon. Obama was at the podium, with his diatribe about guns. First, we don't know who the shooter was, what were his weapons (2 or 3 handguns and 1 rifle), his motive for the shooting, his asking the students about their religion, what size the weapons were and was he appareled so he thought he could escape. Lot of questions to be answered before our idiot POTUS gets on his high horse and starts the same old crap about gun control. I hate to think we have about 17 months left with this (can't say the word but it starts with an A) and the last part is hole.

Tommy

3. buster40c

Don't let a crisis go to waste when you can use it to bambossal the people. Where was Obama when the Houston Sheriff deputy was shot? But in short time he got on national TV to spew his gun control crap because of this shooter. Obama is so transparent his strings are showing.

4. hodge

hodge New Member

I get tired of the unrelenting requests for money, from all directions. Can't go on facebook without getting a page full of gofundme posts. Don't get me wrong- I'm not saying that they aren't legitimate. But, we barely have enough to go around, and I am tired of being made to feel guilty. A person just about has to go to Walmart at 2 in the morning, to avoid people requesting money at the doors. Then, you are given a guilt trip at the checkout when you don't give to one of many charities.
    That being said, I do understand where the NRA is. They are fighting many battles on many fronts. Just one battle takes a lot of money, and there are many. And, the adversaries have a lot of money to fight back against the NRA. Like so many times, money wins.

5. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

For several years now, I have only been 'rounding up' for the NRA. The fat cats running the place need to get leaner before I will give more. Let me just say, before the put-downs start, that I am an Endowment member. Sometime before the "Knox Affair", the NRA started slipping toward quasi-oligarchy (put that in your pipe Magnum) and away from membership control. Apparently the oligarchs need to 'live well'.

6. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

I'm an NRA Life Member since 1977...own additional insurance protection on my guns to supplement what membership status already provides me...

and only give my hard earned money and time to help the wounded veterans that our country fails everyday.

Suggest more people do the same...

7. buster40c

I read recently that the wounded soldiers charity benefit is one of the biggest rip off scams going on right now. It supposedly is right up there with the save the defenseless suffering animals scam. Probably another ten cents on the dollar charity goes to the actual supposed benefactors of the charity foundation while the fat cats managing it are paid huge salaries. I agree with Shooter 13 that this is an outright shame how our wounded soldiers are being not treated.
    I just renewed my NRA membership and I figured I was opening myself up for NRA telemarketers for more feed the NRA pot. In less than a week I got a call for a minimum $125 to help NRA fight a bill that looks like it has a snowball chance in hell of passing.
    Personally I think along with VT about the NRA. I hear more being done by GOA than I do from the NRA. In case some don't remember the NRA backed dirty Harry Reid in his re-election campaigns. What a slap in the face to NRA supporters that was.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2015
  8. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

I donate to the Disabled American Veterans and Paralyzed Veterans of America outfits every spring. I'm sure about DAV, and hopeful about PVA. If I knew for sure about an outfit working for the people coming home with their minds badly bent (PTSD etc), I could spare another sawbuck. I probably shouldn't feel a little guilty about doing my service obligation during peacetime, but there it is.