gun grips at gun shows

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by buster40c, Feb 11, 2016.

1. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

I was wondering if ya'll have noticed gun grips available at gun shows? I don't recall seeing them but then again I wasn't looking for them either. I seldom see them at gun shops either and I guess they are mostly special order items.

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

See Gun Grips all the time at Philly Gun Shows...Medallion grips for Ruger, Colt, S&W...exotic hardwoods and bone/antler...and of course Pachmayr and VZ Grips of Rubber and G10

Also, there are many specialty grip makers on the interwebs...

Check out this lady's work:

Emeralda... http://esmeralda.cc/collections/all

VZ Grips... https://vzgrips.com/

Last edited: Feb 11, 2016

3. buster40c

I checked VZ.com and found a dealer for them and it is one I have been to a few times. I was in the area today so I stopped in to see what they might have. I don't know what happened but signs out front said closed indefinitely. This store had a very busy business going which makes me wonder just what happened.
    I really do like the VZ grips.

4. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

WE have had 2 LGS shut down around here in the past couple years.
    One for taking in trade (more than once) stolen weapons.
    One for, knowingly, selling straw purchases.

Jim

5. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Last edited: Feb 11, 2016
  6. buster40c

shows dead link to me. error 404
    I would like to put some VZ grips on my S&W 627 and wood grips on my Taurus 92 which VZ doesn't make grips for.

7. R2D2

R2D2 Member

Link works ok for me

8. Blkhawk73

Blkhawk73 Member

See them quite a bit. Big picture...it's one of those items that is either a big seller or a dust collector. Gotta have a wide variety to appeal to the crowds and get attention AND have that one set the customer wants. Lots of inventory required for that. On the other hand, with so many looking at the typical polymer pistols, it's unnecessary to carry the large quantity of grips. Becoming more of a specialty item in same aspects I believe. Now for those wanting a specific set for perhaps an older model handgun, sure they're on the tables, often in the "stuff box" unless it's something more desirable then they get their own spot in the case.