Gun belt reccomendations

Discussion in 'Holsters and Cases' started by conservative, Dec 6, 2016.

1. conservative

conservative New Member

I am looking for a quality but inexpensive gun belt . Seen Some for $22 alms up. Wondered what the real difference might be in quality? Any recommendations?

2. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

3. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

Unfortunately, you kinda get what you pay for with gun belts. Quality starts at around $40+

4. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

Tractor Supply, ;) Ten Dollars.

Heavy duty double layer leather belts. Black or brown basket weave, suitable for all but the largest of guns.

Ten bucks.

Check it out guys.....

:GadsdenFlag:

5. Oldhand

Oldhand AKA Rawhidekid! Lifetime Supporter

I was at the local Tractor Supply Sunday, the belts I saw were at the $20 price range. I have worn a one and three quarter inch Bianchi belt the last five years.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
  6. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

7. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

8. Blkhawk73

Blkhawk73 Member

Cheap? Nope, sorry, nothing of that type here. Don't skimp on the gun, why skimp on the holster or belt? Gonna buy a Ferrari and park it in some run down shack? The GOOD gun belt are made for the weight and provide the rigidity needed to securely hold the handgun in it's place without sagging and flopping. Thus far, I've used Mitch Rosen and have zero complaints.

9. greg_r

greg_r Well-Known Member

You will not do any better than the belts that uscg721 suggested. They are heavy duty belts made out of harness leather. A little thick through the buckle, but not bad. I have been using one for going on two years now and it has held up well. It will carry the weight of a full size 1911 or a S&W N frame (US M1917) without sagging. I just bought their Deputy belt for some of my dress pants with smaller belt loops. Will tell you how well it does in a bit.

I also buy belts from MTR Custom Leather. These are sewn belts with an added stiffener. These are excellent belts. I have about 50 more pounds to lose and when I reach my goal, I'm going to treat myself to a couple of his horse hide belts!