Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Father's Day was good to me-

NIB 1983 model with deluxe checkered walnut stock.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Very nice congrats bud. Looks sweet. Sold mine in exchange for a Bergara carbon fiber version. It's nice but too tight of tolerances to eat all ammo. So I need to drop back and buy another. Out of curiosity tho.. is there any difference between older ones like that and newer ones? If so when is the last year to watch for. I noticed the Ruger ate so much more types cause most parts was casted rather than milled. And had less sharp edges etc around chamber n stuff. So yeah need another so I can fire some cheap ammo again

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very nice congrats bud. Looks sweet. Sold mine in exchange for a Bergara carbon fiber version. It's nice but too tight of tolerances to eat all ammo. So I need to drop back and buy another. Out of curiosity tho.. is there any difference between older ones like that and newer ones? If so when is the last year to watch for. I noticed the Ruger ate so much more types cause most parts was casted rather than milled. And had less sharp edges etc around chamber n stuff. So yeah need another so I can fire some cheap ammo again
The older models had all metal parts, walnut stocks, and anodized receivers; the new models have birch stocks, painted receivers, and plastic parts. However, the new limited editions have deluxe features, with a price to match!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ok kinda figured that. Bought one last year but sold it to upgrade to the Begara carbon fiber semi auto. And it was like 800 or so. Can't recall but loved it when I felt it's weight and couldn't say no lol. But it's too good per say. Has a match grade chamber with razor sharp edges and gouges into lead head rounds n stuff pretty regularly. May smooth them out one day dunno yet. But even the Bergara magazine has a milled feed lip assembly and it too is razor sharp on edges vs the molded ruger mags. And the ruger mags work way better for that reason. So it's a case of cheap manufacturing actually working in its favor on the ruger model. I'll take that in mind tho when buying my next one. I'd like a stainless takedown model with a magpull backpack stock. They just look so awesome lol. Wished my carbon fiber one would break down. Have a 1912 winchester 12 gauge that will break down also. They'd pair well for hunting I'd bet. But just a quick look at my winchester tho tells how much quality has changed over the years. She's heavy but a beast and hella reliable. Speaking of which I have some limbs that need trimming. May be an excuse to dust it off soon and go pop some limbs down lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts