grips

Discussion in 'Ruger Revolver Forums' started by neilb, Apr 3, 2017.

1. neilb

neilb New Member

i want to put pachmayer grips on my super blackhawk round triger guard i want finger groves and cover the back strap tks neilb do you know a part number

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
  2. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Check out the Hogue website as they have a lot of grips available. I use all Pacymayr's on mine but Frank Pachmayr passed and I think it was his son that sold the business. You may also want to check on E-Bay. There are a lot of great deals on there and many give free shipping plus there is no sales tax. Just a suggestion but I have bought grips on E-Bay before and have had nothing but good luck. Hope you find what you want.

Tommy

3. neilb

neilb New Member

thanks for the info no wonder i cant find pachmayer anywere

4. gwpercle

gwpercle Member

I know this is an old post , but I just read the part about Pachmayr Grips being sold , and not being able to find them, the company was bought by Lyman !
    The complete Pachmayr line is shown in Lyman's 2016 catalog...not gone , thank goodness. You can order them directly from Lyman if you can't find them.
    I have always preferred Pachmayr's .
    Gary

5. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

I just bought Pachmayr gripper finger groove grips and they really made a noticeable difference over the stock grips on my Charter 44 spl. The grips are a little softer but not sticky or spongy. They are a bit thicker and longer than the stock grips. They do cover the back strap frame. I am pleased with how well they do help.
    I got mine from CTD for $31.62 delivered. Sometimes CTD does surprise me.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
  6. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Update on grips.
    While the Pachmayr grip reduced recoil they didn't have a very close fit on the gun. The back strap has a gap I can put my thumb nail into. There is a fairly large gap just below the hammer at back strap. The grips have 1/16" gap on sides of frame. The size of the grips makes printing or bulging under a shirt very noticeable. Since this gun will be used for CC I am going back to the original grips.