grip and Bora11 holster

Discussion in 'Holsters and Cases' started by gregdd, Jan 10, 2017.

1. gregdd

gregdd New Member

I have been having trouble determining a good grip for my lc9s. Here is a pic of my preferred grip and what others would think is better. I have the problem that the thumb around the grip gets bumped by the safety when in the off position. Seems like the handle thumb under the stabilizing hand thumb works better for me. First pic is is probably recommended by most. Second pic of grip that works best for me with finger in front of the trigger guard. Can't seem to get the pics right side up ??? Sorry!
    greg.jpg
    greg1.jpg

I know we have a holster area but, I think any of us that pocket carry would appreciate it . Thanks to Allen for finding this holster for me.

greg2.jpg
    greg3.jpg
    greg4.jpg

Well! Just something to look at . I do like my lc9s:Cooltu:

Thanks,
    Greg

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2017
  2. mulescj8

mulescj8 Member

Greg some of my smaller handguns I grip with my non trigger hand like you do with my index finger in front of the trigger guard. It my not be the best way but when you have a small firearm and big paws you have to make do or shoot it one handed:dunno: I love the holster! is it a custom or do they make them for other small firearms?

3. allenr

allenr Member

ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1486411784.745361.jpg ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1486411814.022328.jpg ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1486411842.605624.jpg

Greg,

Love my Bora II pocket holster. Use it almost all the time.

Photos of my grip on the Lc9s above. Excellent grip, very steady, comfortable, and the left thumb does not get into the way,

Allen

4. Oldhand

Oldhand AKA Rawhidekid! Lifetime Supporter

I hold it like the first picture, although my thumbs stay straight to the front.

5. allenr

allenr Member

With a larger piece I used to do the same. But I find that with the smaller Lc9s it it not as easy to do because I have a serious arthritis problem in my left thumb's CMC joint which is wearing away. Pain in that joint at the base of my left thumb is exacerbated by the grip you mentioned. In worked around that to accommodate the smaller gun and to have a steady grip in spite of a weak left hand.

Thorns out that I really like the grip. It is very natural and gives great gun support.