Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum and thought I'd say hello. Airline pilot and prior Air Force so you guessed it, I fly for a living. I also love to hunt and shoot. My first Ruger was a 10/22 from a pawn shop over 20 years ago. Still have it and posted a pic of it in a 10/22 thread here (totally different gun now than when I bought it). Now I've added an SR1911, American Rifle, and a 1963 Mark I Standard to the safe. I really have become a big fan of Ruger as they provide great quality and value, not to mention great customer service. I love seeing all the custom guns out there and always look forward to new offerings from the company. Currently waiting for that RAP 45 with a threaded barrel to come out! Also looking for a Talo Mannlicher 10/22 but they seem hard to come by. Anyway, hello to you all. Glad to have found this forum.

Star Elton
Wilmington, NC

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Welcome 379. I like your Ruger collection - especially the "Mark l" .22. When I first saw one long ago, I thought "Aha, a Ruger/Luger." That Talo Mannlicher is a beauty, ain't it?

BTW sending us pics will win you points - which can be redeemed for something that the admins haven't revealed yet. Pretty sure Austin will think of something.

:duck:

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Welcome to Rugertalk,

Thanks for the introduction and joining us,

You already have a fine start on a Ruger collection..

uuugh Arrgh cough- cough.... you could just fly from NC to KY and shoot some more Rugers that may be on your radar..;):)

as I have a few Rugers also,

Yeah VT is right, Pics are almost required around here.:cool:

Jim

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
:welcome: to RugerTalk!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the kind welcome. I will try and comply with pics as implied. :) I'm no where close to done buying Rugers and I forgot to mention that the 300 Blackout RAR is on there to. My favorite so far is the 1963 Ruger Standard.22 pistol. I love that thing.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
HMMM I thought maybe you drove/piloted a Peterbilt model 379 semi tractor.
Welcome to the forum and I am agreeing with you in that you will probably be buying more Rugers.

·
Premium Member
1,482 Posts
Welcome to R.T.

·
Patriot
2,178 Posts
Welcome from Texas :tiphat:
Me thinks Jim is pulling your leg just a little when he says he has a few Rugers!
My guess is that he has so many even HE doesn't know how many...

:usa:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts