Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Welcome aboard and enjoy the friends with guns here. We have fun, show pics, talk shop, laugh and have friendly learning experiences as well. That's what it is all about.

·
Patriot
2,160 Posts
Welcome from Texas where tumbleweeds blow down main street and every saloon has a hitching post for our horses. :D
Must be true, SHOOTER13 said so. :cheesy:

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Welcome to RugerTalk,

Jim

·
RETIRED MODERATOR
7,454 Posts
That's right....I "profiled" Texas quite a few times...

Tumbleweeds and horse pucks everywhere you go... :rolleyes:

Welcome to the R/T DC99

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Welcome. I tend toward surprise when anyone in Chicago even suggests that he has a gun.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
I am with VT when I see someone from Cheecahgo having a gun. Has Chicago let go of its iron control fist on owning guns yet since they were told "no more"? When are they going to tell NY and NJ the same thing?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am with VT when I see someone from Cheecahgo having a gun. Has Chicago let go of its iron control fist on owning guns yet since they were told "no more"? When are they going to tell NY and NJ the same thing?
Not sure about NY or NJ but in Illinois owning a firearm is allowed and CCL are permitted, I just got mine. The no gun zones in the city are crazy, too many to list, but owning is still doable.

·
Patriot
2,160 Posts
Not sure about NY or NJ but in Illinois owning a firearm is allowed and CCL are permitted, I just got mine. The no gun zones in the city are crazy, too many to list, but owning is still doable.
I've heard you gotta jump thru more hoops that most other places to get a CCL or even a gun in Chicago.
If you don't mind, do tell.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I've heard you gotta jump thru more hoops that most other places to get a CCL or even a gun in Chicago.
If you don't mind, do tell.
Actually not bad here. You have to do 16 hr class, but I did 8 being ex military, fingerprints to get your CCL sooner and fees of course. Without FP it could take up to 90 days, with, I got approved in 30. I have not read specifics for owning in the city but gun laws in Illinois only state the massive no gun zones. :dizzy:
Update, the CCL instructor was right, if you submit fingerprints you will get your card a lot sooner, I got approved this past Tues and got my card today.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts