Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am a Conservative, *******, Christian, who loves my country but not its leaders. I am an avid shooter who loves Ruger products. I believe whole heartedly in The Constitution and the Bill of Rights and will indeed do everything in my power to protect them, at all costs. That introduction enough phid?

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Welcome to the forum and many here feel as you do.

·
Patriot
2,160 Posts
Welcome to Rugertalk from the South East Texas Gulf Coast.
Judging from your introduction, we may have about ten things in common, maybe more.
Drag up a chair, sit back and have fun. Lots of friendly folks here.

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Welcome.

BTW a Squirrellypants extended family lives a couple dingles away from me. The patriarch says you ain't their lord, and can't spell either.

[No skin off me, just sayin'.]

;)

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
A couple dingles? Is that closer or farther than a stones throw?

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
The word is archaic most places. Means a narrow, forested valley. The only survival in modern English is 'dingleberry'. The meaning has drifted some.

·
Patriot
2,160 Posts
VT,
I'm glad this thing has a dictionary. :confused:
Dingles? You could have just said about as far as a bottle rocket will go. Everybody knows how far that is.
Just sayin'...............

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
VT,
I'm glad this thing has a dictionary. :confused:
Dingles? You could have just said about as far as a bottle rocket will go. Everybody knows how far that is.
Just sayin'...............
It really ain't a matter of distance, it's ridges of separation. If you go cross-country it's closer than going around - and you see more wild critturs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks all

Thank you all for the warm welcome. Oh and by the way VThillman, I can spell just fine, I spell it that way for a personal reason, and someone who uses aint in the same sentence with The Constitution should not be giving grammar lessons.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^

Now ain't that like going by way of the dingles?
Ain't ain't a word because ain't ain't in the dictionary.
I think the nuts that devised the English language had smoked to much wachy tobaccy anyway. How many words have several totally different meanings? A bunch! I think because their brains were under the influence they forgot they already used that word.
BTW when was the word ain't first used?
Ain't ya glad u came to this friendly forum? JIB JAB fun.
I get a kick out of VT and his way saying things. What's even more funny is he really didn't just make up things.

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
I think 'ain't' is in the Websters 3rd International Dictionary (I don't have a copy, not sure I could lift it nowadays). If it ain't it oughta be, it's been around for several hundred years. LSP, I would suggest you lighten up, but of course what you do is none of my business.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
I saw some heat and I poured some cooling water on it. Let's all enjoy the day and each other.
RT is the place you oughta be so kick your shoes off and sit a spell.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts